Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Does tuna fish dry you out?

2»

Replies

• brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 526 Member
    another perv in line... oh well.:laugh:

I must admit....I was a tad curious as to what exactly she meant?! LOL
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 526 Member
    Good tuna leaves me totally drained.

:noway: Like seriously? Never heard of that. (or, are you going along with the rest of us gutter minds?)
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    When you dry out in bodybuilding terms is different then just water loss. It's usually also called contest prep. Meaning you look harder, your arms and muscles look more defined and dried out. Some of it is water loss but it's just a method to looking as cut as possible. You will actually drink more water when you first start drying out for a competition, you will avoid sodium and some will cycle potassium. Tuna is just a healthy low cal food that works with the drying out process. Nothing to do with actually losing water beyond it's not high in sodium, cals or carbs.

Aromatase Inhibitors like Erase/Erase Pro are also said to have a drying effect.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    no. this isn't even broscience. it's nonsense.
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    It makes alot of sense to me! I eat the low sodium tuna the night before I weigh in because I tend to retain water something awful and you still get lots of good protein. Oh the joys of being a woman...
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    It makes alot of sense to me! I eat the low sodium tuna the night before I weigh in because I tend to retain water something awful and you still get lots of good protein. Oh the joys of being a woman...

You can get the same benefit from a steak or fresh chicken.