NEW TATTOO!!!!

Options
FitJoani
FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
I got a new tattoo, I got a cancer ribbon over my heart with my grammas name in it. I called my dad the second i got out of the shop and told him the artist custom drew it for me and that it was personal to him as well cause his mom was a survivor. My dad sounded like he was choked up and this may be the first time he doesnt say my ink is stupid!!!!

Replies

• tubbytabbytales
    tubbytabbytales Posts: 5,883
    Options
    awwwwwwwww! that is so awesome!!
  • FINALLY4ME
    FINALLY4ME Posts: 643
    Options
    oh that is awesome!!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou: :heart:

I am "thinking" about getting one w/ an autism ribbon or puzzle piece w/ my son's name on it....can't think of a better place to put in too....:heart: you rock girl!!!!

hugs!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I have a pink ribbon tattoo on my ankle for breast cancer--my hubby has a pink ribbon with my initials on his arm - that's so awesome and so meaningful!
  • tubbytabbytales
    tubbytabbytales Posts: 5,883
    Options
    I have a pink ribbon tattoo on my ankle for breast cancer--my hubby has a pink ribbon with my initials on his arm - that's so awesome and so meaningful!

That is really wonderful!
  • mkwood10
    mkwood10 Posts: 428
    Options
    My next ink will be a pink ribbon tattoo for my sister. She's currently healing from her mastectomy and I am waiting for the summer to be over before I get it done.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    My next ink will be a pink ribbon tattoo for my sister. She's currently healing from her mastectomy and I am waiting for the summer to be over before I get it done.
    Technically my gramma had stomach/colon cancer, but i chose pink because its more u niversal and in the end it did hit her entire body. My dad was barely even able to say cant wait to see it. I think this goes as the MOST SIGNIFICANT tatt I have. I am very happy with it
    I am gonna post it to face book and try to post the link to view it
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options

Not to hijack - but just wanted to say hope she's doing well - it takes time to heal and it's an emotional roller coaster - give her all the love and support you can!
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    I also have a pink ribbon on my ankle with my aunts inititals in it. plus another aunt diagnosed 2 weeks ago
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!!