Question for all you Awesome Successful Peeps!

Options

Replies

• heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I exercised moderately. Ate back all my exercise calories.--It's all written out in my profile. And I lost 95 pounds. I call that successful :)
  • tkaawa
    tkaawa Posts: 302
    Options
    i did. no crazy gimicks...just straight up gym(hard core) and eating properly with a cheat day here and there. It's definitely possible and once you start seeing the results and the numbers on the scale going down..the excitement is unreal..makes you keep pushing for the impossible and proving to yourself that you can do it...
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    (raises hand) Me. I've slowed down since the beginning, but am still working my way down. Healthy food--not too much--and regular walks.
  • betsy329
    betsy329 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I know that the P90 and 30 day shred stuff work, it's just not something I really wanted to get into to. Right now I'm doing aerobics 5 days a week, and the gym 1 day. I have my 1200 calorie limit. And just doing that has been hard as hell, I really didn't want have to get into a more extreme method of weight loss.
  • betsy329
    Options
    You guys are all rockstars! Thanks so much for the info and good job to you all!
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I have lost 115 pounds 60+ inches by watching my Carb intake, and walking. That's it. I started January 2010, so close to a year and a 1/2. Lost just under 100 in a year.
  • stetienne
    stetienne Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I lost 25 pounds (my goal) since Jan. 2...walking every day at lunchtime and sticking to my calorie limit. MFP helps so much in keeping track of the calories.
  • betsy329
    Options
    I lost 25 pounds (my goal) since Jan. 2...walking every day at lunchtime and sticking to my calorie limit. MFP helps so much in keeping track of the calories.

MFP has been the best thing ever for me! I am totally motivated, and tracking food/exercise like a BOSS! I keep telling everyone about it, and they are all like "Well yeah, where have you been?" lol
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Im just over half way to my goal now..
  • betsy329
    Options
    Im just over half way to my goal now..

Congratulations!
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    My biggest thing was cutting out fast food....I make all my own meals even if I feel incredibly lazy and I just have a salad with some meat...and I found exercises that I enjoyed doing (running, kickboxing, crossfit) and I feel just amazing....
  • dp1228
    dp1228 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Yup no gimmicks here. lost almost 80 so far (hopefully 80 officially by this weekend!).

janbeforeafter.jpg

just by eating well, not denying myself what i wanted within reason and doing all kinds of different exercises. its getting a little harder lately cuz i havent figured out how many calories i need now to lose weight now. im closer to my goal so my needs have changed. but you can bet ill keep doing this by exercising and eating right!
  • apedinger
    apedinger Posts: 57
    Options
    I didn't read the other responses because I am heading out the door. But, YES! It is possible.

I am currently down 47LBS....Its taken 7 months, but now its more of a life style and the weight is just continuing to come off....Most of the weight dropped just from the eating change. Now I am motivated to work out...I am currently training for a 5K!

You can do it! 5 weeks and over 7lbs, thats a good start! Keep it up and let us know how you are doing! Feel free to add me if you like! Its always nice to have friends to keep up with on the journey!
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Well, 30DS and P90X, etc are just exercise plans. People certainly lost weight before they existed, and they are great resources for people who want to like that sort of routine/fitness program. Losing weight is more about diet though, in my experience.

I would venture that more people lose weight the "old fashioned way" by watching what they eat and being active than by this or that program. At the end of the day, that's all those programs are really selling anyway.
  • Jacque1961
    Jacque1961 Posts: 1
    Options
    Appears that the theme of your replies that slow and steady is the way to go. Gimmicks are just that, gimmicks. You are do it just right, and getting results. I have tried many gimmicks, and guess what, still overweight....hmmmm....learn from my example. Thanks for introducing your ole' mother-in-law to myfitnesspal. Keep up the good work girl. <3
  • AprilRaineyBattle
    AprilRaineyBattle Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I am right now at 65 lbs down and I dont do gimmicks....then again, I am not sure what is meant by "gimmick." I did 30 day shred (which is a kick butt exercise program only-no shortcuts there) and I drink a protein shake for breakfast most mornings (personal preference) Other than that, its straight calorie counting-sometimes exercise...It took 5.5 months and I still have about 20-40 lbs to go. Some people do make things more complicated than they have to be but do whats best for you.
  • sistah_p
    sistah_p Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Same here. Its better this way if your going to do a life change. No gimmicks.
  • sistah_p
    sistah_p Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    WOW!! you look good. An inspiration!
  • betsy329
    Options
    Appears that the theme of your replies that slow and steady is the way to go. Gimmicks are just that, gimmicks. You are do it just right, and getting results. I have tried many gimmicks, and guess what, still overweight....hmmmm....learn from my example. Thanks for introducing your ole' mother-in-law to myfitnesspal. Keep up the good work girl. <3

Back at ya Mama!
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I've lost 65lbs since July 2011 through cleaning up my diet and exercising. No gimmicks, no cutting out food groups, etc. For me personally, I'd attribute about 50% of my weight loss to tracking everything I eat about 50% to exercise (the treadmill) - they go hand in hand.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!