granola bars?

mcohan
mcohan Posts: 116 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
so i am fine not eating junk like icecream of sweets or fried food, but i do have a slight addiction to granola bars (ie kashi and nature valley) it seems like a good thing to eat considering they are high in fiber, and protein, and keep me full longer than some fruit or salad. i am not sure if the carbs are a problem....do you guys think i should cut back? what can i replace them with?

Replies

• I eat all bran bars for breakfast everyday or half a Nature Valley Crunchy bar along with a no-fat yogourt. That's how I get my fix. :tongue: Their calorie content is quite high so I figured I might as well make them part of a meal.
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Omg I lovooooovvvveeee granola bars, and yes I was concern with carbs Im eating one right now, Maybe I should cut back, I love Nature Valley,KASHI, kroger brands,sunbelts
  • gc2052
    gc2052 Posts: 183
    I used to eat the nature valley honey oat granola bars but stopped due to the fat content. BUT I broke down and had a half of a bar yeaterday. I do not worry as long as I am close to my goals on all components.
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    I say as long as you calculate the calories, fat etc.... into your daily allotment without going over then it's okay. I eat them for breakfast and snacks, I just count them in my daily calories.

Memaw
This discussion has been closed.