Enjoying Pizza and Still Losing Weight

Options

Replies

• emily_kenyon
    emily_kenyon Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    yummy pizza is my fav food ever i have it once or twice a week but i eat the weight watchers ones yum :))

7934927.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Graciecny
    Graciecny Posts: 303
    Options
    I love pizza! I sometimes make my own crust - you can use any kind of flour you want, olive oil, yeast, water, salt. Easy-peasy, and then just do store-bought sauce (Midi, I think), steam some broccoli, and have a little cheese on it. Super yummy!

Oh, and in addition to making homemade every other week or so, I STILL pig out on frozen pizza at least once a week . Like I cook and eat a WHOLE pizza. Myself. Hubby saw me eating it late one night last week and asked if he could have a slice and I told him no, I had already logged it. :laugh: I did end up giving up a couple slices, but did I mention I like pizza?!

There is just nothing quite like surviving a loooong day at work, followed by an hour or two in the gym...then you come home, veg on the couch and stuff your face with pizza. Ah, heaven! :love:
  • JhKd
    JhKd Posts: 20
    Options
    Papa Murphy's DeLite Pizza. Best "diet" pizza ever! Ok, it's really not diet pizza. Super thin crispy crust. A large pepperoni has 427 calories for a quarter of the pizza, which isn't bad for pizza. You will definitely need a big salad with it though because the paper thin crust is not very filling but it is delicious!

The DeLite Chicken Bacon Artichoke is the lowest cal one they have, and it's delicious. 217 calories for 1/12 of a Family Size! That's frequently our Friday night splurge and I usually save enough calories for half a pizza...
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    When we do pizza I usually order from Papa John's, regular cheese and veggies. Thin and regular crust both have between 200-220 a slice and at 3 slices I'm pretty satisfied.
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I definitely can't order a box. I'd eat it all. Definitely controllable, when I just order a slice from somewhere and bring it home though. :wink:
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    That's not pizza...that's a veggie/cheesy something, but not pizza...
  • just4u_cara
    just4u_cara Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Yup! Great ideas!

We get the thin crust whole wheat pizza :) Or make our own with whole wheat tortillas and put on our favorite toppings :)

Pizzas can be just fine to eat while dieting, keep it healthy and in moderation! You do need healthy carbs to lose weight! :)

Whole wheat pizza crust....must try that sometime, thanks for the idea!!

And pizza & "in moderation" are starting to kick in. Pizza night was always synonymous with pig out night. Not anymore when I have to count ALL the calories for my food log! (thanks MFP!)
  • dbickel5
    dbickel5 Posts: 13
    Options
    One of my biggest hobbies is pizza making (and probably one of the reasons im here) I really need to work on making a whole wheat dough, but I usually opt to make my favorite NY style recipe (pictured below).
  • Jennicia
    Jennicia Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I enjoy a few slices of plain cheese pizza almost weekly!
  • arickim
    arickim Posts: 137
    Options
    I make my own:) not cause it is better, but I think it tastes better. If I had to eat pizza somewhere, then that would be Mazzios!!!! Yummy!!! Tonight I am making pizza and salad. Starving just thinking about it. Next month when we go home, then I will def have Mazzios a few times. Love it!
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    We make our own! (And I treat myself to a Deep Dish Chicago-Style pizza from Lou Malnati's every few months).

We usually make tomato basil on thin wheat crust, with no sugar added/reduced sodium sauce, and reduced fat (2%) cheese.

It's still fantastic.
  • AnnaYESiCANdoIT
    AnnaYESiCANdoIT Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    ive been wanting to try this out!! let me know when you get the crispiness figured out and ill try it too!
  • stephreed11
    stephreed11 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I tried a bunch of different ways to make homemade pizza but it doesn't cure the craving. So I just work it in. I need pizza to live and if I need it more than once a week, so be it! I will just work harder that week :drinker:

Amen.
  • mikewpg1ca
    mikewpg1ca Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I love pizza, I couldn't do without it. We go out for pizza about every two weeks and I get my fill of pepperoni and mushroom on a whole wheat crust. Its a tonne of calories, but I bust my butt in the gym for a couple of hours at least doing weights and cardio to make it fit into my calorie goal. Its hard work, but the reward is great! Yum pizza.
  • jdhosier
    jdhosier Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Pizza is on my menu. I just plan for it and lean more toward the thin crust and veggies with a bit of meat.... or whatever else the kids and wife want. I eat it and adjust my intake or exercise to accomodate it. I LOVE the stuff!!
  • jfrog123
    jfrog123 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    sounds good for a gluten free diet as well :)

Just had to mention; I just got an email today from Dominos. Says they are now introducing a gluten-free thin crust.
  • Brenda_Pancakes
    Brenda_Pancakes Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    That should be interesting... I really like the Trader Joe's spicey spinach pizza's... their 140 cal each - I usually put loads of vege's on em and bake em. I had 2 today and used them as pita's with boca burgers as filler and vege's. They were awesome...
  • CottonCandyKisses
    CottonCandyKisses Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I make my own--with "real" crust or tortillas or wraps. Make my own sauce, pick my own toppings and control the cheese! We eat pizza about once a week.
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    hmm brilliant! If I could guarantee that there wasn't flour of any sort, I would totally try this.

I like to get bunless burger (gluten allergy) and they are so good, plus I'm cutting out 200+ calories! Not as creative as you though :)
  • DeanneLea
    DeanneLea Posts: 261
    Options
    I just...eat pizza lol. I fit it into my week and enjoy every bite(including the crust).