Too Much protein

Options
I am struggling with my protein. Almost every day I have more than I should - while i am under calories most days. I enjoy milk and want to drink it but 2 glasses a day is a big chunk of my daily allowance. Also as I am eating healthier things - whole wheat pasta etc. they are high in protein too. I don't actually have much meat or cheese, but i am often running over - Any suggestions?

Replies

• beccala18
    beccala18 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    MFP sets protein low. Eating above the protein levels is fine. If you don't like the red numbers, then manually change the protein percentage in your goals to more (say 30%).
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I agree! I changed my goals to 40%carbs/30%protein/30%fat and I have a hard time meeting my protein!!
  • Benson19
    Benson19 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm constantly over my protein according to MFP but to me that's fine. Women under eat protein from my understanding most of the time. We need protein to build muscle and all sorts of cells in our body. Which is crucial when your working out. It is one of the most important things we could eat in my opinion. I tend to eat around 25 - 30% protein in my day. They suggest i eat 15% protein, 55% carbs and 30% fat... To me that just seems unbalanced.
  • tryinghard71
    tryinghard71 Posts: 593
    Options
    I heard when working out your supposed to eat a gram of protein for every pound you weigh. Not sure if this true. I think being over protein is good as long as you are not over on fat.
  • Karalopolous
    Karalopolous Posts: 574
    Options
    I heard when working out your supposed to eat a gram of protein for every pound you weigh. Not sure if this true. I think being over protein is good as long as you are not over on fat.

That's what I am doing, and I am MUCH happier! It makes me feel more satiated and I love meat!
  • tryinghard71
    tryinghard71 Posts: 593
    Options

That's what I am doing, and I am MUCH happier! It makes me feel more satiated and I love meat!

I agree. Protein is what I need!