HRMs -- HELP ME PLEASE

Options
hey, i am seeing this all over. i get what it stands for but what one is a good one, where do you order them etc?

Replies

• dejatyja
    dejatyja Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I've read so much about "good" HRMs. I think it depends on what you are looking for it to do. Some do more than others. I got my first one off amazon because I was just experiencing using one for the first time and didn't want to put alot of money into one until I felt comfortable. Now that I'm using it more, I think I will be upgrading very soon. After seeing some of these other HRMs, I feel like mine is a toy. But it serves its purpose. I get my avg HR and it tells me how many calories I burn.
  • itsnevrenough
    Options
    I just recently purchased this one: http://www.overstock.com/Jewelry-Watches/Timex-Ironman-Womens-Heart-Rate-Monitor/5810463/product.html

I have only been using it for a week, but it seem to be pretty accurate.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    A good brand is Polar.. FT4, FT7, FT40 or FT60. Amazon generally has them the cheapest or heartratemonitorsusa.com.

Steer clear of TImex.. The calories burned on those things are way inflated!
  • laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    YOU GUYS ROCK. Thanks for the help.
  • deedee0152
    deedee0152 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar FT7. The band around the chest is so comfortable sometimes I forget and leave it on.
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Best Buy carries them too.

Word of experience: Don't get the wristwatch type that doesn't have a chest band. I learned very quickly that they malfunction when you sweat. Go for the chest band.