Good entry-level HRM that tracks calories.

Options
2»

Replies

• jaric01
    jaric01 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm using an FT7. Not sure what the difference is between that and the FT4, but it's really nice. Got it for about $75: http://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com/90036747.html
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I have this one. Its reasonably priced and its easy to program and read. I LOVE it. I really think its accurate too. When I first started out, if the elliptical told me I burned 1000 calories I only burned 600 with the HRM and if the treadmill said I burned 1000 calories and it was only like 500 with the HRM. Its a huge difference.

Machines can only estimate, they cant tell how much or how little effort you make... but the HRM can! LOL ;)

http://www.amazon.com/Polar-FT4F-Heart-Monitor-Watch/dp/B0031ZK84E
  • kadins_momma07
    kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I am curious about this too. Are there HRM that track calories burned, distance, heart rate all in one? Instead of buying 2 different devices? I don't have an iPhone, but I know there is a Nike app that tracks all of that...is there anything like that for Android?

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I am curious about this too. Are there HRM that track calories burned, distance, heart rate all in one? Instead of buying 2 different devices? I don't have an iPhone, but I know there is a Nike app that tracks all of that...is there anything like that for Android?

Polar FT60 does calories burned, distance and heart rate.

I'm sure there are apps for android like that.. but I personally don't use any on my phone.
  • Brenda_Pancakes
    Brenda_Pancakes Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I'm another one with the Polar FT-4. I love mine; chest strap and all... Super easy to set up... put in your data... it's simple. I got mine for about 65 bucks on sale at Big 5 Sporting Goods. I'm not recording distance (this one doesn't count that kind of stuff), I'm just interested in the actual heart rate, how many calories burned, and timing my exercise routines. It's perfect for that. Anything more, and you'll have to move up to one of the higher (and more $$$) versions.
  • deedee0152
    deedee0152 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I love my polar FT7. Very comfortable and accurate. It doesn't give distance. I am traing for a 5k and use an app on my iPhone called "ease into 5k" and it has gps option and it is tracking my distance and my running speed.
  • shay0119
    shay0119 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    bump
  • StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I went for the FT7 over the FT4 because the FT7 was only a little bit more expensive and you can connect it to the polar website and input your data and track it. So far I love it. The optional $40 FlowLink accessory allows automatic sync between the HRM and your computer.