How to get through 30 DS soreness?

Options
I am on day 2 but my thighs hurt so bad I can't even sit! How am I going to do the 30 DS today? LOL

Replies

• wilson1024
    wilson1024 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Just keep pushing yourself it will eventually losen up! You will get better each day :)
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Glucosimine (spelling?) during the 30 days may help and also you can probably take ibuprofen unless you have issues with it.
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    When I'm sore from Insanity workouts a nice run usually looses me up. Hurts and feels really tight at first, but keep going and the muscles just loosen up.

*loosens
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Stretch and drink lots of water.
  • Livin_Large
    Livin_Large Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    it gets better on day four!
  • ryno0618
    ryno0618 Posts: 361
    Options
    First 5 days of 30DS are the worst...push through it and then the soreness will taper off. Good Luck!
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Actually, the more you move the less pain you will feel. This keeps your muscles warmed up so when you go about your day or even the workout, your muscles are not tight. If you were to sit for some time, and then try to get up you will hurt. That is because your muscles are "cold" and not being utilized so the tiny-est amount of stress will hurt.

GL with the program!
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Just keep doing it every day. The pain will be gone by day 4 or 5 and day 3 is probably the worst, when you first wake up in the morning.

That's how it was for me anyway. Doing it again and again helped with my pain.
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    stretch, go for a walk to loosen you up, hot bath with epsom salts....just keep on going and try you best. a few more days and it won't hurt as bad.
  • subtractionproject
    subtractionproject Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Once you get through the warm up, it will hurt less. I always found it a comfort when I was gearing up for my earlier workouts. Go big on your arm crosses and jumping jacks and it won't feel so sore during. By day 4, soreness should be gone, or it was for me.

Good luck!
  • flanary888
    flanary888 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I got through to Day 4 and was so much better! Doing Day 6 tonight!!
  • teriann1979
    teriann1979 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Stretch & lots of water before & after
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Advil, water, do the warm up twice, do the cool down twice and do not sit down immediately afterwards. Walk around for a bit to let your muscles cool down. Easier said than done I know but it does help. You will be better by day 4! :) Stick with it!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    stay hydrated. eat your protein. have some electrolytes. :)
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! I was sooo sore the first 3-4 days. I completed day 5 this morning and I'm fine. It goes away.
  • starkers80
    starkers80 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! Day 2 here too.

I try to tell myself that the pain is good as it means its working...
  • Caitella
    Caitella Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I totally feel your pain. That's how I was, pure agony, esp my thighs. I took ibuprofen and gave it a go. Once I got warmed up it helped a little. Give it a go, you might surprise yourself. Good luck x
  • nkyjennifer
    nkyjennifer Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Stretch and drink lots of water.

^This

I'd also recommend a good protein shake after you do it. It will help your muscles heal faster. A few days in and you'll stop being so sore the next day.
  • suzikay12
    suzikay12 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Just move. It is a shock(or was to me anyway) that the soreness actually dulls down when you are doing 30DS. By day 4 or so the soreness will subside altogether. We all lived to tell the tale and you will too!

Advil and aspercreme were definitely a part of my life during those first few days. You can do it!!
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Just keep pushing. When I did the 30DS I did it 30 days non-stop. I wouldn't do that again of coarse my body needs a day of rest. But I just pushed through it, I could hardly sit or go up a step I was so sore. But by day 4 or so you will be feeling less sore. Just keep it up and give it your best!