The 5 week goal at the bottom of daily diary

Options
I am wondering if anyone has kept track of the bottom of the diary where it tells you 'in 5 weeks you'll weigh this if each day stays the same.' i know from day to day can be different, but what if it were the same. has anyone else proven the 5 week goal?

Replies

• leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I don't stress over it at all because I know my goal and I don't give a fig what that says. That being said, it's probably going by the net calories for the day and if you stick with it, I would guess it is close to correct.
  • MKloste
    MKloste Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I haven't really kept track to see how accurate it is. Under the food notes though I will make a note of what my current weight is and what it says I will be in 5 weeks, so that I can see how it changes daily from the food choices I am making. I use it more of a guideline then anything, for instance if I want to be down 5 lbs by next month and at the end of the day it says that I will only be down 2 lbs in 5 weeks then I definitely won't eat like that again or everyday. Usually mine is within a few lbs of being accurate by the end of 5 weeks though, as long as I make a mental note of the days I should and should not copy.
  • cas122777
    cas122777 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i try not to go by it. i seem to be doing better going day to day. each day could have some kind of monkey wrench you can't always plan for. I am actually doing pretty well just doing what i am doing. Thanks for your input!!!!
  • TequillaLover89
    TequillaLover89 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I just like to use it as motivation sometimes... Someone should really consume the exact calories everyday for 5 weeks, with the same amount of exercise and see what happens. It would be an interesting documentary