MFP spitfires cycling club week #2

Options
New week folks lets get rolling!

:drinker:

Replies

• dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I missed this last week. Can I still join?

I'm a mountain biker and have been out of it a while. I rode 10 miles twice last week, so I'd like to try for 10 miles 3 times.

Thanks for the thread!!
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    :heart: tag
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    I'm in! Pledging another 100!!!

exercise.png
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Anyone catch Stage 3 today? The Big Texan is up from 10th to 3rd with a 0:19 lead over Contador!!! And Cavendish does it again! :drinker:

exercise.png
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    I missed this last week. Can I still join?

I'm a mountain biker and have been out of it a while. I rode 10 miles twice last week, so I'd like to try for 10 miles 3 times.

Thanks for the thread!!

Your more than welcome to join!

Welcome
  • terraskye
    terraskye Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping I can get actually get 25 miles in this week. Its calling for rain for the next few days and I dont have proper raingear that biking on those days will be out for me:sad:
  • junkgypsy
    junkgypsy Posts: 217
    Options
    Did 10 miles today! I'm gonna pledge 30 and hopefully go far beyond that. We shall see.
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    :heart: tag

You're it!
  • lynniejones
    Options
    double!
  • dlestermfp
    dlestermfp Posts: 106
    Options
    I am going to pledge 100 again and see what happens. Last week was one less work day, so I had one more recreational day than normal. I should still be able to swing it though (famous last words).
  • lynniejones
    Options
    My work hours stink! And I wish I could ride to work but I have an hour commute. I need to figure out how to get more ride time in.
  • RunRideRay
    RunRideRay Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    What a day for the tour...

dlester, your homeboy Tyler is not local anymore, he's global superstar now. VS had a big feature on him today and he seems like the real deal. I am fan already... go Tyler!

What a breakaway too, that's very rare to see. I love seeing my hero George Hincapie pulling the train too, what a domestique. We'll see some real action tomorrow! It's been several years since the team time trial and it's amazing to watch the precision, and no time limits!

Great job everyone last week, and special thanks to Spyguy for running the metrics. :drinker: :drinker:

Raymond
  • lynniejones
    Options
    I wish I could do this...http://www.pelotonia.org/ride/index.jsp
  • RunRideRay
    Options
    First, I have no idea how to post pics in the blog. Second, I posted pics in my profile of my night ride last week and a few of my bikes.

Now before you get all judgmental about the bikes... they don't add up to even one Harley... and I prefer spandex... HA :laugh: :laugh: I always joke with the Harley guys in my office that real men wear spandex, it's a hoot!! But, they never convert :noway: :noway:

On to semaine deux
  • lynniejones
    Options
    First, I have no idea how to post pics in the blog. Second, I posted pics in my profile of my night ride last week and a few of my bikes.

Now before you get all judgmental about the bikes... they don't add up to even one Harley... and I prefer spandex... HA :laugh: :laugh: I always joke with the Harley guys in my office that real men wear spandex, it's a hoot!! But, they never convert :noway: :noway:

On to semaine deux

I'm still cracking up at our size difference. I looked at your pictures and decided I could not even get a run and jump to get up on your bike. :laugh: :laugh:
  • RunRideRay
    Options
    Lynn, that does look like fun. I've been to the Columbus area quite a bit and it seems cycling is very active in the area. Should be a great turnout.
  • lynniejones
    Options
    Lynn, that does look like fun. I've been to the Columbus area quite a bit and it seems cycling is very active in the area. Should be a great turnout.

A. I am not brave enough to do it, because I am a beginner and have never done anything like it.
    B. I don't know if I could raise the money involved. 1000 for the 25 mile ride and you have to finish paying what you don't raise...Even though it is for a great cause. It's my birthday weekend. It would be such an amazing thing for me to attempt..my mother is a cancer survivor, as well as my grandmother, and my uncle plus, justs lost a favorite cousin to cancer just a few weeks ago.
  • RunRideRay
    Options
    Nope, it's a steep top tube and I need the long seat post too. Plenty of draft for ya.
  • lynniejones
    Options
    Nope, it's a steep top tube and I need the long seat post too. Plenty of draft for ya.

I'm little we can just borrow Andy and Beth's pull along thingy and I'll sit in comfort in the back whilst you do all the work.
  • RunRideRay
    Options
    Well then.. hang on tight!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

1000 bucks... yikes. It's a great cause and sorry to hear about the streak in your family too. My good friend at work was just diagnosed with Luekemia, and she's only 44, now is predicted to live 10 years. It is so amazing to see how quickly the technology is evolving and the increased fundraising from so many good causes.