has anyone not hit a plateu and lost over 60 pounds?!

Options
i started here about 3 months ago and have lost 34 pounds so far. i exercise a ton and i usually switch up my gym, routine every month to a month and a half to aviod my body getting used to it. i havent lost less than 2 pounds per week and im dreading the time it does come to that so thats why ive been variing my workouts in hopes that i dont hit a plateu. my goal is after this week to continue to lose 2 pounds a week till august 3rd when my boyfriend and i will be going to mexico to visit some family i have not seen in about 4 years so im trying to look good! hahaha but i was wondering if anyone has lost over 60 pounds without hitting a plateu or if anyone has any good advice to aviod hitting one im all ears! btw i started at 191 currently at 157 goal is 130-120

Replies

• andrea000
    andrea000 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    i have lost 42lbs with no plateau
  • suppmandaa
    suppmandaa Posts: 14
    Options
    thats awsome! what have you been doing to aviod one just varied your work outs or what?
  • tyler
    tyler Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I lost about 80 pounds until I reached a plateau. It all depends on your starting weight.
  • ShalisaClam
    ShalisaClam Posts: 190
    Options
    Lost 60 and hit a plateau. Still in it.
  • suppmandaa
    Options
    yeah im bit worried ill hit a plateu because im getting into the lower weight area how are planning on breaking the plateu?
  • suppmandaa
    Options
    thats soo good! what was the starting wieght and current weight?
  • weightloss12345678
    weightloss12345678 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I am kinda in this situation I think bc the last couple weeks progress been alot slower oppose to the 2-3 lbs /week
  • suppmandaa
    Options
    yeah every week i have been losing constant 2-3 pounds last 3 weeks its been 3 pounds each week cause i just switched my gym routine im just hoping if i keep changing things up i wont hit one
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I lost 60lbs and hit a plateau.. still trying to mess around with my calorie intake and switching up workouts to see if helps break it.
  • flatbellybella
    flatbellybella Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    How to break a plateau?
    change up your workout... more weights
    Eat more and different foods.

You have to shock your body
  • clobercow
    clobercow Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    You may look into intermittent fasting. It may help.
  • suppmandaa
    Options
    yeah ill be glad if i get all the way to 60 pounds without the plateu and then since im constantly changing up my routine so im hopeing my body wont have anytime to get used to anything. but if hit it i guess ill just change up my routine as much as possible and if i bost the intensity will that help also?
  • Amh32290
    Amh32290 Posts: 65
    Options
    Ive lost about 70 LBS, losing about 1.5-2 pounds a week and sometimes slightly more and only recently(past 4-5 weeks) has it slowed down to about 2 LBS every 2 weeks. I havent tried switching things up just yet because i also havent been eating as good or working out as much, hoping it will get back to normal once i get back on track.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    I went from 230 down to 150 before i finally hit a plateu... Now I am down to 145ish... My weight now varies from 140 to 148... My ultimate goal is 135 but thats been a goal for over 2 years and haven't been able to reach it...
  • jenjay76
    jenjay76 Posts: 42
    Options
    I've lost 98 lbs using mfp without a plateau but now it seems i have hit the plateau. I have about 50 more that I want to lose hopefully the plateau will break soon! I'd love some advice as to how to break it! :)
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    i started here about 3 months ago and have lost 34 pounds so far. i exercise a ton and i usually switch up my gym, routine every month to a month and a half to aviod my body getting used to it. i havent lost less than 2 pounds per week and im dreading the time it does come to that so thats why ive been variing my workouts in hopes that i dont hit a plateu. my goal is after this week to continue to lose 2 pounds a week till august 3rd when my boyfriend and i will be going to mexico to visit some family i have not seen in about 4 years so im trying to look good! hahaha but i was wondering if anyone has lost over 60 pounds without hitting a plateu or if anyone has any good advice to aviod hitting one im all ears! btw i started at 191 currently at 157 goal is 130-120

Aiming for 2-3 lbs a week when you only weigh 157 is just asking for a plateau, as the usual reason behind them is that your body has adjusted to the lower calorie level, your metabolism slows and therefore you burn less calories even while eating at the same level. You don't have enough to lose for that kind of deficit, you should be aiming for 1lb a week max.
    By eating at a small deficit, your metabolism stays higher, you burn more cals and the plateau generally doesn't happen.
    To get out of a plateau, try eating At maintenance for a week, and switch up your exercise.

I've been at this 7 months, 43 lbs down and no sign of a plateau :-)
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I lost 59 and hit a plateau. I am also still in it. I can't seem to get past it!
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I've lost 73 pounds and I have hit many plateaus along the way. Live and learn and keep on kickin' *kitten* everyday!
  • SongbirdLandy
    SongbirdLandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I hit a plateau at 50 lbs lost, 100 lbs lost, 150 lbs lost, and now again at 190 lbs lost. I didn't lose but 1/2 a pound in the entire month of April and I exercised my butt off. I think it just depends on your body. I am rooting for you that you will never hit one!
  • cyclingben
    cyclingben Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I have just hit mine recently @ 123lbs lost and 47 away from ultimate goal weight. But its ok bk iv noticed my clothes are still getting larger and my body smaller.