discovered a diet buster!

Options
Gah! I regret to inform everyone that a steady diet of bloody marys and Corona Light does not help you lose weight. They should put that on The Today Show or something.

I had about 2-3 beers a day during the 10-days I was on vacation last week, and gained 1 lb! This is along with biking about 7-12 miles per day, hours of swimming and walking on the beach, and eating as healthy and lite as possible. Now why was I so skinny in college?!?! Makes no sense at all.

Replies

• AlmostHot
    AlmostHot Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    lol...they don't call them beer bellies for nothing, but seriously 1 lb gain, no sweat.
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    LOL, I hate to laugh at your pain.

You are fine. 1 pound could be muscle or fluid retention. Don't worry about it. Just keep doing the right things and you'll be fine. The important thing was that you had fun on vacation. Good for you! This is life, this is a lifestyle change, you didn't put the weight on overnight, it won't come off overnight.

I think you're doing great and you look happy. Great job! Keep it up!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :glasses:

:laugh:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Gah! I regret to inform everyone that a steady diet of bloody marys and Corona Light does not help you lose weight. They should put that on The Today Show or something.

I had about 2-3 beers a day during the 10-days I was on vacation last week, and gained 1 lb! This is along with biking about 7-12 miles per day, hours of swimming and walking on the beach, and eating as healthy and lite as possible. Now why was I so skinny in college?!?! Makes no sense at all.

LOL When you were in COLLEGE you were 18-22 yrs old. 38 is way different. Our body changes as we get older, and those carefree days are OVER! And a few drinks on vacation isn't going to damage anything, PLUS you exercised? You're fine.
  • vanessadawn
    vanessadawn Posts: 249
    Options
    I doubt the 300 - 500 calories you took in from the beer was enough to make you gain the extra weight, especially with all that exercise you did! I would chop it up to muscle mass gain :)