Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    *kitten*.
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I've found that taking a walk in the evenings has helped my anxiety. It's still been really bad lately, and it's been suggested I go on some Xanax, but if it's not bad, exercise does help a lot!
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I have noticed with my moods that the brisk walking I do everyday has helped so much. I walk from 40 mins to 2 hours. Not only has it helped physically but it's helped mentally as well, I turn up the ipod and shut out the rest of the world...it's fantastic and free!
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    truthfully, i eat.

but coloring has helped me a lot recently! like, with crayola crayons
  • TiffanyDeanee
    TiffanyDeanee Posts: 158
    Options
    When stressed, angry or sad I never really turned to food. But I always turned to books. Reading a good book has always helped me to forget my problems for a couple of hours. There is nothing like getting caught up in someone else's drama, even if it is fiction.
  • Jess5825
    Jess5825 Posts: 228
    Options
    I used to drown my sorrows in food. Now if I'm angry or pissed, I feel much better after a kickboxing class. I am addicted to cardio kickboxing, I beat up the bag and it helps me vent my frustrations. It is an awesome workout!
  • katznketo
    katznketo Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Wow, I must have hit a spot with a lot of people. Thank you so much for the response. I write books, yet I forget to journal when upset. I like the colorbook idea and ready a juicy book. I never take the time anymore.
    Thanks again.

It's weird, but when life gets out of control, my feelings get stepped on, I am so frustrated I eat to block it out. Well, tomorrow, I'm going to get a book, a color book, and journal. kc
  • hannz33
    hannz33 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I like to paint when I'm angry or sad! Find something you're good at and go nuts with it. Going for a walk at night time is also very peaceful. Good luck!
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I used to reach for ice cream and cookies - now I go for a run - the run works better because there's no after-guilt. :flowerforyou:
  • Karalopolous
    Karalopolous Posts: 574
    Options
    I like to cry, it's free and totally makes me feel better. But if crying isn't your thing, I like ot sing really loud to sad songs. Also, exercising is a good thing when I am stressed out, like a leisurely walk on the tread mill.
    I like coffee when I am stressed as well...the fru fru drinks are a guilty pleasure of mine, but you can always get them modified to be health(ier) kinda sorta.
    I journal when I am not sure why I feel sad/pissed/stressed and that helps too.
    I talk to friends and we end up laughing, which is TOTALLY awesome to relieve stress.
  • dollipop
    dollipop Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Cry. Workout. Drink.

Not necessarily in that order.
  • samcee
    samcee Posts: 307
    Options
    I usually got for a walk or cycle if it was a nice day. Otherwise I'd play the piano for a few hours or start sewing. It helps distract me from my emotions and focus on keeping my hands and mind busy for a while until I am ready to face my issues again. Have a hot bath/shower and pampering yourself with a facial is a good one too. If all else fails than I'd sleep it off and hope to wake up refreshed.
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    I go for a walk
  • cds2001
    cds2001 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    depending on the mood I can do any of the following: cry, scream, exercise, break things

I am doing much better in this area -- it has been quite a while since I've broken anything. It helps that I don't have much to break or anything that I am willing to have to replace after breaking it. :happy:
  • RoboLikes
    RoboLikes Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Go for a walk. Take a deep breathe. Punch something. Hard.
  • onequirkygirl
    onequirkygirl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I used to eat when depressed....I gained (almost) 40 pounds over the course of 3 years after my mom died. This isn't the first time I tried to eat healthy and finally get to my goal weight, but it's the first time I am not depressed while trying to.

I was trying to fix the inside by fixing the outside which was absolutely counterproductive. Listen to me, YOU SHOULD NEVER TRY TO DO IT. :laugh:

So,

Stressed: workout
    Angry: WORKOUT
    Sad: Shop....I only cry one day a month, and I'm convinced it's 99% hormonal.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Wow, I must have hit a spot with a lot of people. Thank you so much for the response. I write books, yet I forget to journal when upset. I like the colorbook idea and ready a juicy book. I never take the time anymore.
    Thanks again.

It's weird, but when life gets out of control, my feelings get stepped on, I am so frustrated I eat to block it out. Well, tomorrow, I'm going to get a book, a color book, and journal. kc

When I journal when I'm mad, I write *kitten* as big as I can, and press the pen to the page as hard as I can. Usually the words "mother f*cker " are in there too. And then I scribble and stab the page with the pen. I feel for anyone who reads my journal when I die.
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    All of the above suggestions are really great. Another suggestion: Join Pinterest. It's a FREE SITE. It's the 3rd largest website in the World. Lots of MFP people are on there! It's almost an entirely visual site. You don't have to do any commenting if you don't wish to "speak." Just check it out: Pinterest.com Lots of great, inspirational quotes and sayings are on there. Lots of fitness stuff too. It's really great, takes up lots of time and makes you feel good as you collect beautiful images from all over the world! There are 4 million people signing on to Pinterest every day. You don't have to know anyone. Just check it out. Hope it works for you too!
  • 2012newbie
    2012newbie Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I keep reminding myself how much angrier, sadder, and even more stressed I would be if I let myself down again, and had to start all over. I don't want to forget how bad my labwork was on January 2, 2012. I don't ever want to go there again.
  • onequirkygirl
    onequirkygirl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Thanks again.

When I journal when I'm mad, I write *kitten* as big as I can, and press the pen to the page as hard as I can. Usually the words "mother f*cker " are in there too. And then I scribble and stab the page with the pen. I feel for anyone who reads my journal when I die.

*actually laughing*

This wins.