Turning 40 in Jan, mother of 3...needing support!!

Options
Hi All,

I am turning 40 in several months and I really want to look great and feel great before than. I spent the last two years really focusing on my fitness with a few bumps in the road but I've pretty much kept a consistent routine (with a bit of hesitation). I mean, there are times when I didn't do anything for a few weeks because of something silly but I always come back for more. When I do workout, I really push myself. I'd like to see muscle definition in my arms and especially have a nice waistline when I turn 40. So, now I need to focus on eating. I have a huge problem with serving size at dinner time. I eat pretty good all day until after 5pm when I come home with the kids. Wow....do I go crazy in my kitchen. Help me!! I can't stop myself after my first serving...it taste so good and I want more. This website is really helping me but I need a little support, encouragement and a little assistance with motivation. Please add me so I can keep up with how some of you are doing. Thanks! :)

Lana

Replies

• gidget1994
    gidget1994 Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi there. I am new to this program. I thought I could give you a small tip. I have been using smaller plates and cutting down what I cook for my family and with 2 teen children, a hubby and a puppy too. Maybe after dinner and if your kids are up for it go for a short walk. Keep going and yes I know it is hard.
  • Skatingmeg
    Skatingmeg Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this program too and just turned 40. What is it with turning 40 that does something to our bodies??? I find the best way for me to stop the night time binging...is to set myself a rule. No eating for me after 7 o'clock pm. So, I figure with this tracker keeping my calories on track and no extra calories after 7... will hopefully help kick start the weight loss.
    I'd love to hear how you are making out as we seem to have the same challenges - other than I am a bit older than you :)
  • ribena1958
    ribena1958 Posts: 152
    Options
    Just added you.

I save some of my calories for the evening, always have done. That's my bad time of the day too, doesn't stop me from loosing. What I have learnt along the way is that to deny yourself in the long term you just won't stay with the programme, so its best to work it to suite you. I have breakfast, lunch, main meal and I have portioned out some calories for evening snacking. :)
  • tke040
    tke040 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm new to this program and need friends. I'm 41 soon to be 42 . I just had a partial knee replacement, with the second knee being done in October. I have the drive. But feel I would do better with support. I originally signed up in 2010 but never used it. I have to now because I want the new knees to last.