Perimenopausal 40 yo

Options
Perimenopausal, 44, recovering from illness -can it get any harder. I am suffering from insomnia, mood swings, and most of the other symptoms. I try and try to loose the weight and as reported so many times, it has gotten harder and harder.
Today is a new day and I am trying again. My mind wants to be healthy, but my body is having trouble getting motivated.
Any help or motivation will be greatly appreciated. If not that how about someone just to have a b*tch session with.
Thanks
cin

Replies

• keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I hear you on being tired of the peri! I went for months not sleeping because of nightsweats. During the day it was hot flashes. That was in the winter. For the first time in my life I was not wearing long underware under my sweaters. Some of my favorite sweaters I could not even wear I was way to warm.
    I went off of caffeine. I switched to green tea in the morning instead of coffee. Within a few weeks I was back to sleeping normal. The nightsweats/hot flashes have gotten much better. Nearly nonexistant.

I'm trying to maintain my weight through this time since so many say they gain during it.

I wish you well on your journey:flowerforyou: I keep telling myself in the end there will be no more TOM. No more wondering if or when. No more bloating/water retention.
  • jadadesigns
    Options
    I was beginning to think that it was my fault.I used to lose weight by just walking,and now I work my butt off and nothing!!!! I can't sleep either,my gyn.dr. told me to try benadryl,but that really kept me up.I take valerian,melotonin and HTP5 before bedtime and it seems to help.It seems like I can lose some weight and when that time of month rolls around,BAMM it's back on!! I feel much better when I exercise,I know that my family can live with me better when I exercise(got mood swings)I used to hate yoga,but now I really look forward to it,because it seems to really help.Just don't give up and try alot of things and hopefully one or more you will find will help ya.I take Coryceps(i get them from vitacost.com) and I really feel a difference,I don't want to take hormones or perscriptions(yet)so I try alot of natural alternatives.Just hang in there,like me and the tide surely has to change soon.And like you said having a b*tch session helps too,so feel free to vent!!!God luck and just hang in there...