need Some fun salad ideas

Options
JB5349
JB5349 Posts: 135 Member
Hey All,

I have always HATED salads - can someone give me some advise on some easy new salad ideas - I don't have a lot of time to prepare so they have to be something quick.

I made a steak fajhita (or however you spell it) tonight took me apron 15 min and even my husband liked it

Replies

• gaboudreau
    gaboudreau Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love making an easy salad that I know is good for me besides where I just take a large amount of spring mix lettuce, about 2 ounces of lean chicken, 1/4 cup of a product like Plantars Healthy nut mix that has granola, sunflower seeds, almonds, dried cranberries etc in, and pour over as much of the Walden Farms zero calorie raspberry vingegarette dressing as you desire. It's only about 200 calories and along with some mixed fruit you have a great lunch or even dinner if you've had a higher caloried lunch..fast too.
  • Uma1984
    Uma1984 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    my personal fav is hard boiled egg salad, basicly i'll take whatever veggies available, cherry tomato, lettuces, corn, (etc, etc) 2 hard boiled egg (smashed), a small tea spoon of olive oil, salt and pepper.....(u can add cheese if u like)
  • lvokins
    lvokins Posts: 14
    Options
    I like to make a pizza salad. Lots of greens of your choice, olives, peppers, onions, halved pepperoni slices and a sprinkling of kraft italiano blend cheese. I dress it with Kraft roasted red pepper and parmesan dressing and it is really tasty.

We also do a taco salad without the shells. Greens, taco meat made with lean ground beef or ground turkey and low sodium taco seasoning, cheese, sour cream, salsa and green onions...delish and filling.
  • lkdad_nagy
    lkdad_nagy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My favorite is a strawberry spinach salad...yummmy! You can google it and make the recipe from scratch or you can check your local grocery store and see if they sell a salad kit by fresh express called strawberry fields it has in it the spinach, almond slices,dried strawberries and a strawberry vinaigrette. I like to add to it fresh sliced strawberries and crumbled feta cheese. YummmY!