Height loss??

Options
2»

Replies

• Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Losing significant height (more than 1/4 inch per year) can be caused by a lot of different issues so talking with your doctor and having some tests done is a really good idea.
    This. Speak to your doctor. If it is because of bone loss or other orthopedic issues, it needs to be taken care of. Also, just because you're not elderly does not in any way mean you are not experiencing bone loss.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I don't know about height, but I swear my feet are smaller now! (Or maybe vanity sizing has moved into the shoe department!)

Nah, mine too. Studies say that your feet gain weight too..I've lost a full size since I had my weight loss..which is EXCELLENT :)
  • rebecca_d35
    rebecca_d35 Posts: 131
    Options
    I don't know about height, but I swear my feet are smaller now! (Or maybe vanity sizing has moved into the shoe department!)

OMG I hope my feet get smaller the more weight I lose!! I wear size 12, and do you know how hard it is to find cute shoes, or really, any shoes most of the time??? And my feet are wide too, so I hope that changes too!

As for height, I hope I don't lose height!! But I would buy the fat between the vertebrae suggestion. Time to research!

Hey, I wear a 12, too. And they don't seem to be getting any smaller, even though I'm now a size 6 in clothes. All I can say is: J. Crew and Nordstrom Rack. Great shoes in a size 12!
  • berky2010
    berky2010 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have lost about 4 inches in height over the years and I know why - I had a serious car accident almost 30 years ago and the result was severe curvature in my spine - almost like a roller coaster when you look at the x-ray. So I'm okay, but I'm wondering about the BMI calculation. My current 5'3" height is not "natural" - my natural height - what it would have been without the accident - is more like 5'5" or 5'6". I'd like to enter 5'5" in the BMI calculator instead of 5'3" because then I don't need to lose so much . . . obviously it would be good to lose enough pounds to get under "overweight" or "obese" in the BMI, but I'd just like it to be a little easier, if possible. Does that make sense to anyone?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!