To the Chocolate Lovers...

Options
I :heart: anything chocolate, but I'm having the hardest time being creative with whatever healthy options are out there as far getting your daily chocolate fix. Any ideas/recipes will be ohhh SO greatly appreciated! :bigsmile:

Anita :flowerforyou:

Replies

• omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    if i have a chocolate craving, i have a couple dark chocolate hershey kisses. best way to kick the craving and relatively low cal.

some other things that you can try are fat free chocolate pudding, chocolate milk (one of the best things you can have after a workout), chocolate flavored cool whip with strawberries, and chocolate flavored frozen yogurt.

hope some of these helped
    :heart: aisha
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Follow up a good strength training or cardio endurance workout with chocolate milk made with skim milk. It's the best recovery drink for your muscles.
  • nicholedunn
    Options
    Follow up a good strength training or cardio endurance workout with chocolate milk made with skim milk. It's the best recovery drink for your muscles.

That sounds delicious!!! :bigsmile:
  • kejurek
    kejurek Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I also lovee chocolate and I've found that the South Beach Living Snack Bar Delights really take care of the chocolate craving. They are only 100 calories and they are soo good =)..I think they even taste better than regular candy bars.
  • soxygirl
    soxygirl Posts: 173
    Options
    No Sugar Added Fudgesicles . . . 40 calories each and very yummy!
  • eurestemari
    Options
    There are some chocolate cookies from the south beach diet that are great.
    Coco powder, splenda, pecans, egg, vanilla extract. mix all together and bake for like 5 min.
  • TaraDenise
    TaraDenise Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I buy sugar free chocolate pudding, lowfat chocolate milk, and no sugar added fudge pops. Works for me!
  • TNYorker
    TNYorker Posts: 164
    Options
    Oooh these are some really great ideas! I did some major cardio today and followed it through with a glass of cold chocolate milk. :drinker: It was YUMMY!!!

Thanks everyone! :heart:
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate, Nestle Fudge Ripple ice cream light (120 cal per 1/2 cup), dark truffles. Gee, thanks, I'm hungry now :grumble:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Frozen yogurt flavors like caramel chocolate chunk. 120 cals, about 2.5 grams of fat in 1/2 cup.
    Special K Chocolatey Delight cereal (which I can't find here anymore). 120 cals, 2 grams of fat in 3/4 cup.

Today I bought Weetabix Minis Chocolate, and they're pretty good right out of the box. 200 cals, 3 grams of fat in 1 cup.

My fave low fat chocolate bar is Big Turk. It has 230 calories and 3 grams of fat.
  • lesliemk
    lesliemk Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I love the Dove Dark Chocolates and I eat them with a few almonds, so that the protein gives me a little boost but I still get my chocolate fix. Plus, dark chocolate is full of good antioxidents!
  • CaGinger
    CaGinger Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow fudge bars are great! :heart: :heart: :heart: 100 cals per!:heart:
  • ocean26
    ocean26 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Swiss miss diet hot chocolate- 25 calories!
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I make my own protein snacks with cocoa and peanut butter. Oatmeal and molasses as well. Always helps me out and gives me a boost.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I make my own protein snacks with cocoa and peanut butter. Oatmeal and molasses as well. Always helps me out and gives me a boost.

Can I please have the recipe for this...sounds really good! :happy:
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    carob is a natural chocolate without all the sugar. It doesn't quite taste the same but you can have a small amount and usually feel satisfied.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options

Can I please have the recipe for this...sounds really good! :happy:

You bet. I'm a fly by the seat of my pants kindof cook- so the amounts are approximate lol.

I take 4tbsp Peanut Butter (no salt kind), 1/2 cup Hershey's Cocoa, 2 Eggs (more if you want cake instead of cookie), 1/2 stick of butter (your choice), 3-4 tbsp Molasses, Sugar to taste (I use about 1/8 cup or so because the molasses takes care of most of the sweetness), 1-2 cups flour (add more if you want chewey cakey bites), 1 cup of Oatmeal, 1 tbsp or so of Baking Powder, pinch of salt and a capful of vanilla. To really up the protien- toss in some protein powder.

Bake at 350-375 for about 12 minutes. Yields about 12 small bites- any bigger and the calorie load jumps exponentially. I make drops about 2 inches big.

They're good snacks, great for after workouts too. Hubbs has a vegan protein bar he makes- It's awesome! He'd have to put that one up- it's more detailed than my "throw it all in a bowl and make it look pretty good' method. :laugh:
  • Sarandipity
    Sarandipity Posts: 1,560
    Options
    I recently tried the Curves Chocolate Peanut granola bar. It is 100 calories, but it has 4g of Fibre and 2g of protein. They are pretty good!

The hershey bliss chocolate squares are pretty good to and only about 35 cals each.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    OMG!! Nice! I've been wanting to buy some. Now I will.:bigsmile:
  • jlefton1212
    jlefton1212 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I had a VitaTop Deep Chocolate muffin today, and it only had 100 calories but had 6 grams of fiber! I wouldn't eat them everyday, but it was delicious and filling.