Hello Im new to the site!

Options
Hi everybody im tired of eating very poor food so my finance directed me to this site.

So this is me saying Hi!

Replies

• oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    hello!

i wish you the best on out common journey to better eating/health.
  • radtech
    radtech Posts: 20
    Options
    Good Luck!! I just have to say, I have only been using this site for a few days and have not yet lost much weight but just having something to go to, to find my calorie intake is great! I always laughed when people said use a food journal but i have to say i get pretty dissapointed in myself puttin down unheathly food in my journal and there are a lot of foods that i thought would be healthy but are horrible in calories. Good luck in your weight loss/maintainance...
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Good Luck!! I just have to say, I have only been using this site for a few days and have not yet lost much weight but just having something to go to, to find my calorie intake is great! I always laughed when people said use a food journal but i have to say i get pretty dissapointed in myself puttin down unheathly food in my journal and there are a lot of foods that i thought would be healthy but are horrible in calories. Good luck in your weight loss/maintainance...

Be patient, and you WILL lose weight!
    I felt the same way when I came here and started seeing my daily numbers of what I was eating! QUITE the eye opener, huy?! Just keep "working with your numbers", get some exercise, drink lots of water, and the weight WILl come off! :smile:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody im tired of eating very poor food so my finance directed me to this site.

So this is me saying Hi!

Hi, wecome! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "all topics", then "general", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
  • winkler80
    winkler80 Posts: 2
    Options
    Well thank you all for the warm welcome. I really appreciate it:bigsmile:

today is day one of using the site my problems were either i ate way to much and poor food choices or i wouldnt eat enough at all.

According to my profile I should be at about 1300 cals a day but lately ive been doing maybe 500-800 at best.

im trying to get rid of just 10 more pounds so i can really get some visible abs etc but im horrible with nutrition!

my wife to be is like the uber queen of watching calories and told me that eating to little is just as bad as eating to much. So i guess it's all about finding that balance!

im making a honest effort to become healthy now ive cut out soda switched to chicken rather then eating nothing but beef based meals and I have started eating more vegitables then ive had in my life time :huh:

so today in the interest of eating right for lunch a salad with reduced fat feta and some olives with a balsamic vinager dressing so far so good