count gum calories???

Options
Are we suppose to count gum calories on our daily calorie requirements?? The gum i chew is 5 calories per stick and i feel like i shouldn't count the calories because i burn those few calories off anyways just by chewing the peice of gum for an hour, so does it really pay??

Replies

• Drastiic
    Drastiic Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Most people log whatever goes into their mouth. It's a good habit to just go ahead and log it, especially if you know how many calories it is anyways. If you don't want to, then don't. I would log it just because if I decide not to, then I might get in the habit of not logging other things, which for some people could turn into them forgetting to log everything.
  • awmejia
    awmejia Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I am a guilty gum logger. I log anything that passes thru my lips. for me if I let gum or even diet soda go unlogged I will start not logging other things.
  • IndigoFlowers
    IndigoFlowers Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I've never once logged a piece of gum...
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    100 sticks of gum would be 500 calories. So.....if you chew 500 a day, log it. 20 sticks would be 100....you get the idea. Funny how the little stuff adds up.

p.s. if you chew 500 a day, wow.
  • walker001
    walker001 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I do not log gum either,never have.
  • InkedBeauty89
    InkedBeauty89 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I dont log gum. Its probably the only thing i dont log.
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I have this whole algorithm planned out for gum. I count the number of times I chew it and use that as a multiplier. So if I chew 10 times, that's 1 calorie, and 50 times is 5 calories. I never chew more than 50 times so I don't get fat.