Arctic Zero - I don't get it

Options
2»

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I've heard of it but I've never had it. I've also heard it's a little on the expensive side.

As for Skinny Cow, I love those! To each his own, I guess.
  • jillybean0123
    jillybean0123 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    The flavor of the vanilla maple is pretty good but the texture is way off. I can't eat it alone. I use it as a coffee creamer instead of using cream and sugar.
  • skinny_buddha
    Options
    It's a protein shake in an ice cream form, it's not ice cream.

If you're a health conscious person....eat it.
    If you're interested in clean ingredients....eat it.
    If you want protein and fiber without the junk....eat it.

If you want taste, don't care about calories and prefer stuff with unpronounceable ingredients ....don't eat it.

Honestly what's not to get? It's a 150 calories a pint, natural and organic ingredients, fat free, gluten free, lactose intolerant, diabetic friendly, non-gmo ingredients, kosher, and made with whey protein concentrate.

Some people want a body that turns heads while others have one. Don't mean to vent but it's so frustrating that people here in America are fixated on sickly sweet junk ingredients...may reason everyone is fat and trying to lose weight.

....end of rant.

Personally I'm not a fan of strawberry or coffee and my faves are mint chocolate, vanilla maple, and chocolate peanut butter. If you get a creamy pint as opposed to an icy one (depends on the store) it's absolutely heavenly.
  • the_great_unknown
    the_great_unknown Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    It's a protein shake in an ice cream form, it's not ice cream.

If you're a health conscious person....eat it.
    If you're interested in clean ingredients....eat it.
    If you want protein and fiber without the junk....eat it.

If you want taste, don't care about calories and prefer stuff with unpronounceable ingredients ....don't eat it.

Honestly what's not to get? It's a 150 calories a pint, natural and organic ingredients, fat free, gluten free, lactose intolerant, diabetic friendly, non-gmo ingredients, kosher, and made with whey protein concentrate.

Some people want a body that turns heads while others have one. Don't mean to vent but it's so frustrating that people here in America are fixated on sickly sweet junk ingredients...may reason everyone is fat and trying to lose weight.

....end of rant.

Personally I'm not a fan of strawberry or coffee and my faves are mint chocolate, vanilla maple, and chocolate peanut butter. If you get a creamy pint as opposed to an icy one (depends on the store) it's absolutely heavenly.

Interesting - I had never heard of it, and I thought it might be a flavor of gum. I think that's Polar Ice. I would try this though. Protein in a treat with some fiber too?
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I agree, I prefer the real stuff. This is why gelato is so awesome... It's lower calorie and fat than ice cream, and a little goes a long way. I ate gelato every other day while I was losing weight and still lost 40lbs
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Hi all! So artic zero is like a frozen protein shake... I like the peanut butter/chocolate flavor BUT I don't eat it as ice cream.. I BLEND it with my morning protein shake to make it cold and slushy, it adds more protein and little LITTLE calories! It taste super yummy mixed with peanutbutter/chocolate protein powder! Give it a try!
  • gregpack
    gregpack Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    It's just taste "OK" but is expensive. $4/pint is what I think I paid. You could make your own treat with some whey powder, milk, ice, and a blender.