Acai Berry does it work?

Options
Has anyone tried this product, I keep reading everywhere about the Acai berry and how good it is. Does any one use it? is it really that good, and if it is why arent we all taking it:huh: :huh:
I was thinking of giving it a go but would like some first hand evidence that it helps, even slightly:bigsmile:

Replies

• ClarkOMan
    ClarkOMan Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I like to drink Bossa Nova acai berry and agave juice. I've noticed a little benifit. It's like a natural energy drink, it tastes really good, and it gives me weird dreams if I drink it too close to bedtime (which I do) :smile: The only things I don't like is the price, It's $3.29 for 9+ oz. at the grocery and the packaging is kinda frou frou.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Early on in my weightloss I had tried Acai in a few different forms. Adding the frozen packets to smoothies did give me more energy in the early mornings and kept me feeling full longer when I was trying to cut down the amount I ate in a day. I don't know if it really helped in losing weight, but it didn't hurt any. However, it is expensive no matter how you buy it.
  • ColinQ
    ColinQ Posts: 76
    Options
    I've just been doing a little google research into it. Apparantly tests were done on various Acai berry products and only 3 actually showed any effect. The top brand was Acai Burn which has really good reports. I'm always a little skeptical about such reports as they are probably written by the producers!!
    Well I have decided to give it a go and i ordered a free trial and I have only had to pay the postage. So hopefully it might work:huh: :frown:
  • vjar
    vjar Posts: 17
    Options
    Antioxidants taken in pill form actually negate some health benefits....you need to get them in whole food form, don't waste your money on these pills that are coming out, "studies" aren't really true scientific studies that are claiming benefits.
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Don't buy the pills!!! It is a big scam! I did and got charged lots of money I finally had to cancel my debit card so they wouldn't charge me anymore. By the time you get your "free" trial it is too late to cancel and they charge you $80 for the "free" bottle and then $40 and send you another one before you even can try the thing.

If you ordered the trial CANCEL NOW before you even get it. Just my 2 cents.

and if it works I have no idea I have taken it and am not losing weight any faster than if I wasn't It does give me weird dreams though.
  • ColinQ
    ColinQ Posts: 76
    Options
    Yikes :frown: :sick:
    I've canceled it, from what they are telling me it sounds like they have shipped the free!! sample. I've spoken to my bank and put a block on anymore money being taken.