Xbox exercise

Options
artickb22
artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
I'm the proud new owner of Xbox 360 with Kinect. While I'm loving the sports games and all the activity from it I'm looking to shake up my workouts with something new and fun. I am curious what games you all play that are fitness orientated? What's the best ones that burn the most calories. I usually walk about 2 to 3 miles 2-3 times a week with some interminent jogging, strength train two days a week and do water aerobis for two hours 1-3 days a week, depending on how I feel. I get bored easily with workout routines and with summer coming up I have to stay out of the sun so much as I'm blessed with red hair and ever so fair skin. thanks in advance for any advice!

Replies

• leeshamonster
    Options
    I've had a kinect for a few months now and I've tried a few things. I got the biggest loser ultimate workout at target for 20$. I tried it a few times and it was sort of boring. I now play dance central 1 and 2 and i LOVE them. I'm also looking into getting zumba pretty soon. It takes a bit to get the song moves down but even if you don't do them perfectly on the game, you are still moving like crazy. I can easily get minimum of an hour playing that game and not even realize it.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Zumba
  • ScientistStudy
    ScientistStudy Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I play workout mode on Dance Central :laugh:
  • artickb22
    Options
    Thanks guys!
  • ZepolAmeg
    ZepolAmeg Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I used Dance Central and I love it, it's a great workout. I also have Active 2, it's a good workout, but I hate that the kinnect sometimes doesn't read you, and if your in the middle of doing a workout on the floor, you have to get up and wave your hand so it can read you, it does it allot, it kinda got annoying, but it is a very good workout, and you can track your progress. I also bought zumba, it's a good game and good workout, but the music get's kinda boring because it's the same music over and over. Good luck, and enjoy your new xbox!
  • Kaylyn221
    Kaylyn221 Posts: 123
    Options
    I have Zumba. It's a lot of fun! :happy:
  • artickb22
    Options
    I want to try the zumba but I seriously have no coordination so I'm a little scared I'll buy it and not be able to preform. Although I guess I'd get just as good of a workout trying to learn the moves as well! lol. thanks again for all the input!
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I like Your Shape Fitness. They have a bootcamp work out on there and I was dripping with sweat afterward. They get you motivated to kick higher and go faster. I really like it!