New one from the cold midwest ....

Options
Hello everyone. I did a search on google and found this website and am going to try this out and hope for some good motivation from others with the same goal as me .... to lose those pesky pounds. From what I've seen so far on myfitnesspal I've been impressed.

I'm a 34 year old mom, wife and full time student who uses the oldest excuse in the book ...... "I don't have time to exercise." I am going to give this my best effort in hopes of losing weight, feeling better about myself and hopefully losing about 20 pounds (that's my ultimate goal).

Good luck to everyone out there!! Better get on the treadmill before getting the kids to bed!!

Replies

• momandwife
    momandwife Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I did a search on google and found this website and am going to try this out and hope for some good motivation from others with the same goal as me .... to lose those pesky pounds. From what I've seen so far on myfitnesspal I've been impressed.

I'm a 34 year old mom, wife and full time student who uses the oldest excuse in the book ...... "I don't have time to exercise." I am going to give this my best effort in hopes of losing weight, feeling better about myself and hopefully losing about 20 pounds (that's my ultimate goal).

Good luck to everyone out there!! Better get on the treadmill before getting the kids to bed!!
  • Julie1313
    Options
    welcome. I just joined today too! Why is it so easy to gain, and so damn hard to lose.

Best of luck with your weight loss. WE CAN DO IT!!

Julie1313
  • momandwife
    Options
    Thanks for the support .... I think this motivation from others will keep me going!!
  • Mlieb
    Mlieb Posts: 121
    Options
    WELCOME!

I am from the midwest too. If you have to shovel the amount of shoveling needed in Chicago lately, you should be able to lose the weight no problem!!!

Good Luck!

Melissa
  • erin1205
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome to the site from a fellow frozen midwesterner!

You'll find oodles of support and motivation on this site-good luck!

Erin
  • BUNNYB
    BUNNYB Posts: 91
    Options
    :flowerforyou: welcome, and enjoy it too!!!!!!!!!!
    This is a great site,
  • momandwife
    Options
    Unbelievable the support ALREADY .... in just 5 minutes!! I am amazed!!

Thank you everyone!!
  • alaskagal
    Options
    Welcome!!

Best of luck on the weight loss journey. There's always someone around to lend support or motivation.

:flowerforyou:
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you!
  • ConnieLynn
    ConnieLynn Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hi from Chicagoland.

You will love the site. It really works. Everyday I learn something new.

The payoffs are daily to eating well and exercising. They are also immediate.

Good luck on your goals.

Connie Lynn
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I saw from your profile you're from MO. I'm originally from MO, up by the Iowa line. What part are you from?
  • garimac
    garimac Posts: 174
    Options
    best of luck from sunny phoenix.
    I think just logging in your food will help tons.
    I had no idea how many calories i was eating!