Music?

Options
foxyforce
foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
What music are you working out to right now? Please share! I am sure people are interested :wink:

(the other thread is far gone...please share!)

me:
prodigy- invaders must die (whole album)
kottonmouth kings
basement jaxx
n.e.r.d.

Replies

• HeatherH1984
    Options
    Prodigy - Breath comes to mind
    Toploader - Dancing in the moonlight

Anything with a heavy beat really. depends if I'm doing aerobics, or just dancing around lol.

Heather
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    What music are you working out to right now? Please share! I am sure people are interested :wink:

(the other thread is far gone...please share!)

me:
    prodigy- invaders must die (whole album)
    kottonmouth kings
    basement jaxx
    n.e.r.d.

Old songs, like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", "Gloria", and "Call Me". :love: :smile:
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I put my mp3 player on shuffle. I have everything from Moby, to musicals, to Type O' negative, to B52's. I like the surprise when something fun comes on. It revives my energy.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Today was Supertramp day on the elliptical. I vary it. I was in my teens in the 80's so I go towards the classic rock.
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options
    I just shuffle my mp3 player list...... albums as follows:

Cannibal Corpse: Kill
    Cannibal Corpse: Evisceration Plague
    Beastie Boys: License to Ill
    Downset: s/t
    Hatebreed: Perseverance
    Pantera: Vulgar Display of Power
    Sepultura: Arise
    Sepultura: Chaos A.D.
    Warzone: Lower East Side
  • ColinQ
    ColinQ Posts: 76
    Options
    Today i was playing a selection of 80's electro and one track on there is made for working out
    'Body work' by Hot streak' The album is quite good as the tracks all have a good beat, sort of high energy.
    I love 80's music anyway, but I would like to find another type of motivational music, so I will be watching this thread with interest.:bigsmile: :smile:
  • Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Options

pantera cowboys form hell album gives me road rage but excellent for pushing through the weights
  • xsargex
    Options

pantera cowboys form hell album gives me road rage but excellent for pushing through the weights

hahaha, I'm not allowed to listen to any Slayer in my car. According to my wife. What else you listen too?
  • Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Options

hahaha, I'm not allowed to listen to any Slayer in my car. According to my wife. What else you listen too?

slayers another good one. bit of grunge pearl jam alice in chains audoioslave the list is sort of predictable but my brother brought me up that way lol.
    soundgarden is another fav. a bit of thrash doesn;t go a miss either. got to get my cd's back and update the ipod i forgot what i was missing ha ha. ps know what you mean about slayer and driving.
    solo in cemetary gates is perfect for the last bit of cardio set to repeat lol
  • xsargex
    Options

slayers another good one. bit of grunge pearl jam alice in chains audoioslave the list is sort of predictable but my brother brought me up that way lol.
    soundgarden is another fav. a bit of thrash doesn;t go a miss either. got to get my cd's back and update the ipod i forgot what i was missing ha ha. ps know what you mean about slayer and driving.
    solo in cemetary gates is perfect for the last bit of cardio set to repeat lol

I agree bro. I grew up on thrash/death metal. Then when metal was hard to come by after MTV started sucking, grunge just had to do. Which is alright, cause I liked the grunge/alt/hard rock/metal crossovers; i.e. Alice In Chains was just light years ahead of anything else. I loved Soundgarden.
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    I just wanted to share that there are some good ideas for tunes on Runner's World .com. Some of it is crap- but there is no accounting for taste of course. I have found some good tunes on there to keep my feet moving though.

I listen to everything. I just recently downloaded some more eminem (lose yourself) and that annoying "Live Your Life" song by Rhinanna. But hey, like I've said before my workout tastes are totally different from my regular life tastes. I also like the postal service and Death Cab for Cutie- but those are good all the time.
  • ColinQ
    Options
    I have a wide taste in music any group/band from A to Z, if I like it I'll download it. My main interests are 50's, 60's 70's and 80's, I'm not so keen on the 90's as I think music took a vacation:laugh: and we were saddled with junk.
    My favorite bands are:
    Depeche Mode,:glasses:
    ELO,
    10cc
    Dire Straits,
    and I love Heavy Rock especially Cloven Hoof who are gods in the NWOBHM. (metal fans will know what that means)
    I have recently started listening to the traveling Wilburys.
    I also have a fondness for certain records that were considered cheese:laugh: :bigsmile:
    And as a sign that I am getting really old I tend to dislike what the young of today call R&B because its not!! I refer to them as the Usherettes because they all sound the same and I think they are all Usher:bigsmile: :laugh:
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I have a wide taste in music any group/band from A to Z, if I like it I'll download it. My main interests are 50's, 60's 70's and 80's, I'm not so keen on the 90's as I think music took a vacation:laugh: and we were saddled with junk.
    My favorite bands are:
    Depeche Mode,:glasses:
    ELO,
    10cc
    Dire Straits,
    and I love Heavy Rock especially Cloven Hoof who are gods in the NWOBHM. (metal fans will know what that means)
    I have recently started listening to the traveling Wilburys.
    I also have a fondness for certain records that were considered cheese:laugh: :bigsmile:
    And as a sign that I am getting really old I tend to dislike what the young of today call R&B because its not!! I refer to them as the Usherettes because they all sound the same and I think they are all Usher:bigsmile: :laugh:

i love depeche mode!!!! although i don't know if they would be heavy enough for me to work out to

i was listening to slipknot's latest this morning, and their album is probably perfect for cario and/or aerobics. it is called all hope is gone. yay!:glasses:
  • ColinQ
    Options
    I'm going to see Depeche Mode in December:bigsmile: cant wait:glasses: I've seen them about 8 times now:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • hippieguitargirl
    Options
    nirvana-nirvana
    sublime-greatest hits
    chiodos-boe palace ballet

i just put one of those albums on shuffle:)
  • xsargex
    Options
    nirvana-nirvana
    sublime-greatest hits

I didn't realize that Nirvana had a self-titled album?
  • hippieguitargirl
    Options
    nirvana-nirvana
    sublime-greatest hits

haha. nope. that was my computer or me being stupid.. i meant their "nevermind" album :laugh:
  • xsargex
    Options
    nirvana-nirvana
    sublime-greatest hits

haha. nope. that was my computer or me being stupid.. i meant their "nevermind" album :laugh:

hey just checking....i thought I had them all.
  • sarakenna1
    sarakenna1 Posts: 261
    Options
    My current workout list! Got some weird stuff in here, but its upbeat and keeps me movin:

Queen-Killer Queen, Don't stop me now
    Strokes- Last night
    Rolling Stones- Paint it black
    Kinks-A well respected man
    Beck-Derelict, the new polution, girl
    Raconteurs-Solute your solution
    Fratellis-Flat head
    Killers-Mr Brightside
    Modest Mouse- Float on, osean breathes salty
    Plain White T's- Hey there delilah
    Pras-Ghetto Supastar
    Silversun Pickups-Lazy Eye
    Underdog-Spoon
    Tracy Bonham- Mother mother
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs- Maps
    Kyuss- El Rodeo
    Death Cab for Cutie- I will follow you into the dark
    Eminem-Square Dance
    Floater- An Apology, Ghost in the making
    Beyonce- Single ladies (can't believe I downloaded this...secretly love it!!!)

PS: My husband is also not allowed to listen to Slayer around me. If I have to hear another ...:mad:
  • xsargex
    Options
    PS: My husband is also not allowed to listen to Slayer around me. If I have to hear another ...:mad:

censorship