Money, or body?

Options
shanahan_09
shanahan_09 Posts: 238 Member
If you could have a pre-paid trip to anywhere in the world (airfare, hotel & food) and only one of these two wishes to go with the trip ---> $10.000 to spend on yourself, OR, being at your goal weight. Which would you choose and why?

For myself--it would be goal weight. I'd enjoy the trip way more being comfortable & content (plus happier) by being in shape.

Replies

• lauleipop
    lauleipop Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'm 7 lbs from goal. I would take the money.
  • jazziesaj11
    jazziesaj11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I agree along with the reasons, I've been striving and dreaming about being at my goal weight since my early teens when I was the biggest. It's something I have been trying to accomplish for so many years now. God willing I'll be able to travel the world as well as being able to get to my goal, but I'll be much more content on focusing solely on my vacation rather than if I'm fat or not.
  • jazziesaj11
    jazziesaj11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I'm 7 lbs from goal. I would take the money.

That's so awesome! WTG! :D
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    oh, I would take being at goal weight. money comes and goes, but to be at the end of this long journey would be well worth the loss of $10k
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    it would depend on where I would choose to go...some places are SO expensive to visit, so $10k could go really fast...like if I were to visit Japan or something. I'm thinking more of Oz or Europe, I don't know the economics of Oz very well...
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I'd go the goal weight....then I can earn the $10k the easy way....kidding, I'm no pro. :)
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    deffffffinitly the money
    i can lose the weight on my own :] may take me another 5 months but thats fine. it would take me three years to earn that much money while im in college
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I'd go the goal weight....then I can earn the $10k the easy way....kidding, I'm no pro. :)

That's sort of my logic! I'm thinking I could get some free drinks and stuff at the very least. :P
  • beachbebe
    beachbebe Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My first reaction to blog title was goal weight...after all I'm spending money on a gym, etc,, so that seemed to say the answer. Then I read the scenario, and it's the money AND the trip hands down. I know I'll get to goal and I will spend $10K but will I every travel oversees??? That is a dream. Now you've sparked a new goal for my challenge!
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I'd take the weight loss, stupid plateau with 10 lbs to go. $10,000 isn't much.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I'd take the trip and money. I don't necessarily need to lose anymore weight. I am within my BMI. I am just trying to lose a few pounds for my wedding and to feel a bit better about myself which I can do on my own.
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Goal weight for sure.
  • jankleberry
    jankleberry Posts: 508
    Options
    Body. Then that would give me the confidence to meet a millionaire :laugh:

Kidding. obviously. I love my wee windscreen fitter fiance
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    10,000 I say goal weight no problem. Make that $100,000 and i will be one happy fat man! LOL
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Even though I have no money to speak of I would be happier at goal weight....As 'they' say Money doesn't buy happiness!!'

ETA: And 10k is barely enough for a breast lift...lol
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    It depends. If I could take my boyfriend I'd do the trip because it would be selfish to give up that opportunity. If the trip were only for me I'd go ahead and have my body.
  • scarlettgeorgia4
    scarlettgeorgia4 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    id deffo choose the money - i dont want to take the easy way out - i want to get to my goal weight and be proud of my journey. i think that pride in knowing i did something good for myself is priceless, and the money would be great!
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    i'd take a girl at her goal weight ;)
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Definitely the money! (I'm at goal, lol)
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately at this stage in my life I would take the money, and hoard it to come home and use for bills.