Too much Carbs!

Options
I have been eating way to many carbs. Any ideas that I can be eating/subsitute instead of carb???. It's keeping from getting down to my weight goal. So fustrating!!

Replies

• kewkdb
    kewkdb Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    It, most likely, has nothing to do with your carbs. What has brought you to the conclusion that carbs are holding you back?
  • becabean
    becabean Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    yeah im finding my carbs are really high and trying to work out what to have instead :/
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    There are three macro food groups - carbs, protein and oils/fats. If you want to reduce one you have to increase another. The body can only usefully process a certain amount of protein so if you have adequate protein then lower carb means higher fat.

So all the "lite" and "diet" foods go out the window, as they generally use carbs to replace fat. Diet staples like tuna and chicken aren't great either as they are low fat protein sources - can be ok but need mayo or similar adding to get the balance right.

Nuts and seeds are often high in oils and fat while modest in carbs - almonds, macadamia nuts, walnuts, etc.

Oily fish is a good protein and fat source. Sirloin steak. Eat sensible sized portions (3 or 4 ozs ?) with green leafy vegetables that are low carb. Green beans, broccoli, cauliflower too.

Low carb berry fruits with cream for dessert.
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    When you ask these questions it always helps if your diarys open...