Afterburn Effect and Fat LOSS

Options
I just read this interesting article about afterburn effect from working out and it's got me wondering if anyone else had some further information on the topic.

Here is the link:
http://www.builtlean.com/2011/06/29/afterburn-effect-of-exercise-qa-with-dr-christopher-scott-phd/

Seems to be focused on anaerobic exercises mostly and it seemed to state these workouts are better at fat loss than aerobic exercises. Just looking for some other opinions.

Replies

• fluffymcfluffster
    fluffymcfluffster Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I recently read New Rules of Weight Lifting for Women. The author wrote a book for men also. It explains types of food to eat/why/calories to consume/and gives a 6 month workout between weights and body weight exercises.

I get the basics of eat fruits, veggies, protein, less fat, etc. This book gave me a few explanations that made it more concrete for me. Also, it explains why anaerobic (spelling?) is better. I am not saying I agree, it is one method. I am incorporating both aerobic and anaerobic slowly to move in the right direction...

Just a suggestion. Sure other people will have other suggestions thay may be better, but my two cents!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    why does it have to be either or? you should do a mix of both.

if you arent in the best of shape then you need to work up to doing HIIT because it is very very stressful since you're going all out for 15-20 seconds for how many cycles you're doing.

yeah anaerobic ends up burning more calories when you factor in the after burn, but if you're doing it right there's no way you're going to be able to do it anaerobic hiit more than 3 times a week.