Healthy Snacks

LaceyCwell
LaceyCwell Posts: 45
Im starting to get so bored with the same snacks everyday. In the beginning I wanted to stick with only a few choices so I wouldnt just eat whatever but now I am really bored. Fruit and vegetables in between meals is always a great and easy thing for me to choose but other than that I usually eat Almonds, Cashews, Sargentos Light String Cheese, Wheatables Nut Crisps or some Bear Naked Granola. Let me know what kind of snacks you guys are eating so I can mix it up a little!

Also I am coming off the worst addiction to Dr. Pepper on the planet. Even throughout my pregnancy I would have one can a day and now I have completley cut it out of my diet and Im trying alot of new things. Water is always number one on my list but I also drink Crystal Light and a drink called Cascade Ice (which is pretty much flavored water). If you have any other drinks that are good also I would appreciate the advice!

Thanks!

Replies

• MySweetPotato
    MySweetPotato Posts: 175 Member
    PROTEIN SHAKES! :D protein pancakes, smoothies, sometimes i eat a peice of dark cocolate with peanut butter ontop, I love snacks :o I tempt to blent the crap out of anything edible and have it as a snack. filling and delicious :)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,423 Member
    Boiled egg
    Cherry tomatoes
    Snow peas
    Cheese
    Slice of grainy bread with peanut butter or vegemite
    Hommus and veggie sticks
    Salsa and veggies (haven't had this for a while, must buy some)
    Natural yoghurt with blueberries or strawberries
    Home made mocha (1/2 tsp instant coffee, 1/2 tst unsweetened cocoa, skim milk) hot or cold
    Water with a squeeze of lemon or lime juice is a nice change from plain water
    Sparkling water with a slice of lemon is my go-to drink at the pub - I'll usually have one alcoholic drink then a few of these.
    Home made slice/bar (oatmeal, dried fruit etc. I made one with apricots last week but it's a bit dry and boring so I won't share the recipe!)
    Home made savoury muffin (zucchini, carrot and parmesan with oatmeal is good) or frittata
    Cold baked sweet potato
  • nancy9492
    nancy9492 Posts: 3
    apples with peanut butter, frozen grapes, there is TCBY frozen yogurt, for random time to time craving.
    I recently bought Sunkist gummy fruit, haven't tried them yet, but they come in small pouches, try sugar free jello- 10 cals a cup. I've seen some cracker chips from Special K, and Pepperidge Farm. Oh! Or try some quaker bites, they are sooo yummy. just measure portions. Hope this helps :)
  • LaceyCwell
    LaceyCwell Posts: 45
    Thank you everyone! I definitley got a few more healthy snack ideas!
  • I was a coke addict. I totally stopped for 10 week and now let myself have one only if I am out. I refuse to buy it for the house I know I would start drinking it again:). One thing that I love to have is flavored water but, I choose to do it in a more natural way. Try putting a piece of cucumber in your water. It is very refreshing. I also like using oranges and strawberries too. It just is so much better then a flavored water that has a sugar substitute. Sugar substitute is not good for you and it helps you actually feel more hunger and it helps us to store fat. Hope this helps good luck on your journey:)
  • vichick20
    vichick20 Posts: 96 Member
    You could check out my blog for some snack and drink ideas. My Skinny Zesty Lemonade is very refreshing! I recently started it, so keep checking back for new recipes. I try to upload at least one a day :)

http://delainesskinnydelights.blogspot.ca/
  • mtaylor1980
    mtaylor1980 Posts: 134 Member
    I signed up to your blog by email! Your recipes look awesome! Thanks for sharing!!
    You could check out my blog for some snack and drink ideas. My Skinny Zesty Lemonade is very refreshing! I recently started it, so keep checking back for new recipes. I try to upload at least one a day :)

http://delainesskinnydelights.blogspot.ca/
  • vichick20
    vichick20 Posts: 96 Member
    I signed up to your blog by email! Your recipes look awesome! Thanks for sharing!!

You're welcome! I am so flattered :flowerforyou: