I think my head is going to explode!!

Options
AwMyLoLo
AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
I AM FREAKING OUT!!!!! :explode: :frown: :indifferent: :explode: My wedding is only 11 weeks away and I feel like I still have SOOOOOOO much to do! :cry: :ohwell: On top of that, I am taking my first online class this quarter and I am already behind. I have several different "home improvement" projects going on right now, work takes up so much of my life, then there's exercise. By the time I get off work, go to the gym, make it home, clean up, make, eat, and clean up from dinner, it's 8:00 and I can't even imagine starting homework! I feel like I'm slacking at work because I am doing all my wedding planning there! AHHH SOMEONE TALK ME OFF THIS LEDGE!! :explode:

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Prioritize my dear. Sounds like you have a lot of stuff going on, take 30 minutes, sit down, make a list of everything you want to/have to do and rank them highest to lowest. Put the lowest ones on the back burner for a few months, and just do the couple of things that are vital to your short term health and well being. I know people want to do everything now, but this will really help, I promise!

Best luck to you my dear!

-Banks
  • angievan26
    angievan26 Posts: 212
    Options
    ok... take a few deep breaths... count to 30 and now... you can begin to figure out this mess. You have a busy life. I understand.. I have two kids. work and I am a full time student.. sit down and make a to do list for each day and if you get side track a little make it a goal to get it done the next day. Take one day at a time and Best wishes on your wedding... Hope this helps
  • girlygirl82
    girlygirl82 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    BREATHE!! : ) I agree with Banks and Angievan26.... make a list. I LIVE off of To-Do Lists.

Also, don't hesitate to ask for help! If there is anything that someone else may be able to do for you even something as simple as making a phone call, going to pick up random things for the wedding, making dinner...just ask someone. I am sure that you have loved ones around you that would be happy to help if they knew what they could do to help. :flowerforyou:

You do have a lot on your plate, but I am sure you can do it. One day at a time.

Good Luck!
  • pniana
    pniana Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    This is nothing! Wait until you have kids. Then multiply how you are feeling by 10. :wink: Do what Angievan said about making a daily list. It helps break down the overwhelming load into smaller, more manageable chunks. And when you cross something off your list it is SO rewarding. Make a new list each day. Whatever you didn't get done the day before goes on top. You can do it!!
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    This is nothing! Wait until you have kids. Then multiply how you are feeling by 10. :wink: Do what Angievan said about making a daily list. It helps break down the overwhelming load into smaller, more manageable chunks. And when you cross something off your list it is SO rewarding. Make a new list each day. Whatever you didn't get done the day before goes on top. You can do it!!

Oh, I'm aware! :cry: That is exactly what I was thinking about at 5:15 this morning when the alarm went off and I immediately started freaking over everything I have to do! :cry:

Thanks, Banks, but the thing is everything on my plate right now is a "right-now priority"

Thanks, Girly, I am trying to get all the help I can get from family.

I'm just really overwhelmed right now. I do make lists, agendas, for the day, but it seems like I never get to cross anything off!
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I can't add a thing to what the others have suggested. Those are great suggestions. I get frazzled too when the world seems to be going too fast and it does help to sit down and prioritize from least important to most important.

Hang in there, this too shall pass. :flowerforyou:
  • leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I AM FREAKING OUT!!!!! :explode: :frown: :indifferent: :explode: My wedding is only 11 weeks away and I feel like I still have SOOOOOOO much to do! :cry: :ohwell: On top of that, I am taking my first online class this quarter and I am already behind. I have several different "home improvement" projects going on right now, work takes up so much of my life, then there's exercise. By the time I get off work, go to the gym, make it home, clean up, make, eat, and clean up from dinner, it's 8:00 and I can't even imagine starting homework! I feel like I'm slacking at work because I am doing all my wedding planning there! AHHH SOMEONE TALK ME OFF THIS LEDGE!! :explode:
    Don't sweat it, things always have a way of working out, and if they don't they don't. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff. :flowerforyou: