needing a little help...

Options
So I am in a wedding in June, the dress will look great but I'm still worried about my arms...Does anyone know some of the best excercises for toned arms? I'm thinking push ups and planks. Any information would be helpful! Thanks a bunch!! :happy:

Replies

• mcdizzysummers
    Options
    Tricep dips are pretty good too and you don't need any gym equipment. You can do them while you're watching tv they're that easy. Good luck. xx
  • Michele7091
    Michele7091 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Buy a Jillian Michaels DVD...30 Day Shred or Ripped in 30 are good ones. And just do it every day. The workouts are only about 25-30 minutes long but they work!
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Lose bodyfat. No matter how much weight you lift with your arms, they will not tone if there is no fat loss coinciding with the addition of lean muscle mass.
  • cavewoman15
    cavewoman15 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    i've been doing free weights three times a week for about 6-8 weeks. i haven't noticed that my arms have got much smaller, but they are definitely firmer, which means they look less flabby. i've especially noticed in dresses, which tend to be tighter around the chest and back. good luck!! being in a wedding is always pretty stressful for me - seriously, who wants someone else to pick out their dress for them? silly wedding industry.

i do 3 sets of 8 of each of these exercises (weight for each dumbbell in parentheses)
    bicep curls (15 lbs.)
    forward shoulder lifts (12.5 lbs.)
    over the head shoulder press (12.5 lbs.)
    lay-down bench press (25 lbs.)
    one-arms lay-down tricep curls (10 lbs)
  • jendavis07
    jendavis07 Posts: 66
    Options
    Lose bodyfat. No matter how much weight you lift with your arms, they will not tone if there is no fat loss coinciding with the addition of lean muscle mass.

I have trouble losing body fat when I do cardio. I'll drop weight but no inches or body fat :/
  • MissMollieD
    MissMollieD Posts: 130
    Options
    Boxing. It works your tri's and bi's. Also your lats and core for added bonus.
  • gseburn
    gseburn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Just be careful of the word "toned". Lifting weights will not make your arms smaller. They will build size and shape. A lower body fat percentage is needed to reveal the shape :-) best of luck!