Some input please...

Options
babygurl48
babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
Ok guys and girls.. I need some input or help please, please. The more I read the forums, the more confused I get..lol.

The scale is moving in oz and then it jumps up 4 lbs or down 4lbs but lately stays around those 4 lbs. Then it goes back down again in oz.

Here's my info. Currently I am about 206 lbs, and I am 5' 2" .My BMR is 1607, my TDEE is 2491. My TDEE minus 20% = 1992. I have my calorie goal set at 1830, I excercise vigourously 3-5 x's a week and strenght train 3x's a week as well.

My question.. Do I eat my excercise calories back?? , I still have 46 lbs to lose for now. Thanks so much!!! xo

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Ok guys and girls.. I need some input or help please, please. The more I read the forums, the more confused I get..lol.

The scale is moving in oz and then it jumps up 4 lbs or down 4lbs but lately stays around those 4 lbs. Then it goes back down again in oz.

Here's my info. Currently I am about 206 lbs, and I am 5' 2" .My BMR is 1607, my TDEE is 2491. My TDEE minus 20% = 1992. I have my calorie goal set at 1830, I excercise vigourously 3-5 x's a week and strenght train 3x's a week as well.

My question.. Do I eat my excercise calories back?? , I still have 46 lbs to lose for now. Thanks so much!!! xo

What method did you use to calculate your TDEE?
  • babygurl48
    Options

Fitness FrogI had 1830 for a while now.
  • babygurl48
    Options

Fitness Frog. I had 1830 for a while now.
    edited for punctuation
  • jacquerd
    jacquerd Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Just jumping in here, too. What do you DO with the TDEE number once it is determined.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options

edited for punctuation

I'm confused. You said your TDEE is 2491 with your cut being 1992 and your BMR is 1607. Where is the 1830 coming from?

To find out what exercise calories you need to eat back you would subtract your BMR from your cut. Any calories burn over that you would need to eat back. So 1992-1607= 385. If you burn 400 calories you would need to eat back 15 calories to net at least your BMR.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Just jumping in here, too. What do you DO with the TDEE number once it is determined.

This thread explains what to do next. I also sent you a invite to a group.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/541567-once-you-have-your-tdee-and-bmr-next-step?
  • babygurl48
    Options

edited for punctuation

I'm confused. You said your TDEE is 2491 with your cut being 1992 and your BMR is 1607. Where is the 1830 coming from?

To find out what exercise calories you need to eat back you would subtract your BMR from your cut. Any calories burn over that you would need to eat back. So 1992-1607= 385. If you burn 400 calories you would need to eat back 15 calories to net at least your BMR.
    The 1830 was figured out for me by another fitness pal when about a month ago.Don't know how he got it.
  • babygurl48
    Options
    I subtracted 20 % which gave me a deficit ( I think) of 498. I just don't know if once I subtract that from my Tdee if that' s my new calorie goal and if I should eat my excercise calories back again.
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    If you figured in your exercise with your tdee I would say eat that 1830 and stick to that. But that is JMO
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Since you did not use MFP's method for intake calculations I would recommend that you do not eat back any exercise calories. Additionally, while I'm only eyeballing things, an intake around 1900 with the addition of exercise calories would probably be on the high end of things.

I would start with your original calculations, do NOT eat back exercise calories, and monitor progress for about 4 to 6 weeks, adjust from there as needed.