Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Do less and lose more!

2»

Replies

• ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    The sooner you stop comparing yourself to others and focus on your own progress, the happier you will be. It really doesn't matter how fast other people lose, or the means they take to get there. Mind your own WLJ.

sorry - I'm not sure how this is intended and comes across a bit smart *kitten*! I apologise if it isn't meant to be intended that way. What is WLJ?

x
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Weight loss journey.

It was not intended as snarky, just the honest truth. Comparison is the death of happiness. Is that your trainer that talked about your progress? Because those are great results. What someone else is eating/doing shouldn't enter your mind when you have those positive things to focus on.
  • ChristineDiet
    Weight loss journey.

It was not intended as snarky, just the honest truth. Comparison is the death of happiness. Is that your trainer that talked about your progress? Because those are great results. What someone else is eating/doing shouldn't enter your mind when you have those positive things to focus on.

Sorry!

I don't have a trainer - well except for the instructor when I attend a class. No it wasn't anyone in my 'real' world. Just on here. It can be frustrating and sometimes disheartening when you see that some people "walked for 10 mins and burnt 50 cals and lost 2lbs", and then I burn 4000 cals in a week and lose a big fat 0!

Don't get me wrong; some days it's great to see people have lost weight and lost inches etc, but other days it hits home hard and you just want to scream "it's not fair!"

sorry again. x
  • Meaganandcheese
    Areyou eating enough? Taking a quick peak at your diary, you have huge calorie deficits lefotever after exercise. Unless you're not logging everything, you might be creating deficits that are too large and your body is resisting.
  • ChristineDiet
    Areyou eating enough? Taking a quick peak at your diary, you have huge calorie deficits lefotever after exercise. Unless you're not logging everything, you might be creating deficits that are too large and your body is resisting.

Thanks - I always do a double or triple whammy on a wednesday and burn a lot, but don't feel like I want to eat a ton more to incorporate my exercise cals. I would literally have to eat 3 times as much on a Wednesday and I would be sick! Ew!

thanks again for your comments. x
  • Meaganandcheese
    I would maybe eat a little more on Tuesdays and Thursdays then to try and reduce that deficit a little for the week. It can't hurt to try, right?

Good luck!
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    I hear you OP...but we all should keep in mind: never compare ourselves with others. Comparing with ourselves will clear our mind better.
  • sniperzzzz
    sniperzzzz Posts: 282 Member
    To much cardio imho
    If i do a **** load of cardio, for too long a period of time, my loss slows or even stalls.
    Seriously try to reduce it to 3x a week 30 mins moderate intensity.
    To much cardio in a calorie deficit raises cortisol, a catabolic stress hormone, that will break down muscle fibres.
    Less muscle= lower bmr.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,446 Member
    I am wondering the same thing. I was in a one month plateau, started slacking off, and dropped 6 pounds in 2 weeks. (Slacking off = eating less clean, eating all of my calories, exercising less, and exercising less intensely)

This is the first week I am on what I call, "my normal" and I am up one pound this week, but I am blaming TOM.

I saw a post the other day about someone who started 2 weeks ago and is down 5 inches in the waist. If I lose 5 inches I would be jumping up and down and shouting from the rooftops. I just don't get it.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Why is it that some people do 30 mins of a light walk, 2 or 3 times a week and eat crap (but within their calories goal - so ok!!!) Whereas others, like myself, literally bust a gut, doing a minimum of 4 hours a week of intense cardio and weights, trying to get the odd dvd at home and the odd walk in whenever I can. I eat home-made food, lots of vegetables and protein. Yet the weight comes off VERY slowly!

It can be very frustrating when you are trying so hard (and I mean over 4 months now - so it's not just a week or so), yet some don't really give much effort and seem to achieve a lot.

Ok vent over!

x
    Water retention. Harder workouts cause more water retention for repair. That's why you usually lose weight faster without exercise at all. Exercise has a million health benefits, but to be honest, "losing weight" isn't actually one of them.
  • ChristineDiet
    To much cardio imho
    If i do a **** load of cardio, for too long a period of time, my loss slows or even stalls.
    Seriously try to reduce it to 3x a week 30 mins moderate intensity.
    To much cardio in a calorie deficit raises cortisol, a catabolic stress hormone, that will break down muscle fibres.
    Less muscle= lower bmr.

But I enjoy the workouts - it makes me feel good. Then when I don't get to exercise - that's when I feel like crap. I am tired a lot and don't know if this is because I'm not sleeping particularly well (hurt my back a few weeks ago), or because I'm not eating enough. But I eat till I'm full, sometimes even stuffed - there are times when i have noticed I can't eat as much as I used to.

I thought I'd feel better today - but feel worse! I just feel so fat and horrible. Feel like I want to go on a binge but I won't cos then I'll feel even worse. Still haven't been weighed but don't feel optimistic about it at all.

Thanks guys for your support and advice.

I guess some times we need to vent and someone to reassure you that it is ok to vent!

x
  • ChristineandRoxy
    ChristineandRoxy Posts: 48 Member
    I hear ya how frusterating!!!!! Feels like i bust my *kitten* for nothing sometimes :(
  • ChristineDiet
    I hear ya how frusterating!!!!! Feels like i bust my *kitten* for nothing sometimes :(

I guess I'm not the only one - not that I ever thought I was. So tired today - maybe that's why i feel so fat and sluggish - I still haven't been on the scale so have no idea if I've lost or gained in the last 2 weeks!! It had better me a bloody loss or I'm throwing it out the window! ha

x