Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Options
Well technically yesterday was the first day of MFP, but I'm down 2.8 pounds already! I was using WW before and lost 50 pounds on the old program. Then they changed the points system to points plus and I haven't been able to lose since. I actually started back to school part time while working full time and gained back 10 pounds. So now spring semester is over and I'm refocusing on my weight loss goals! My goal is to lose 45 pounds and get down to 165. As of yesterday I was at 210.4, I should mention I am 5'8" and have a bigger build. I found this app on my iphone and I love it! Especially the fact that it has a forum and a huge backing of what seems to be incredibly strong willed people! This is what I need... I would love to have some "friends" on here so we can help each other through this journey. Support is key! We can do this!

22596534.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Nice! Keep up the good work!
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success! I just joined MFP as well and I love it so far. There are alot of nice people on here that give some great advice. I was on WW also and did not like the new points system. I decided to try something else, so here I am.

Feel free to add me as a friend! I am always looking for new ones! :) Good luck in your new journey.
  • kryscallarman
    kryscallarman Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Friends request sent. :)

Welcome to MFP and congrats on making the decision to refocus on your goals.
  • Frannie1982
    Frannie1982 Posts: 23
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss! I am new as well. Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • thriftycupl
    thriftycupl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Feel free to add me. I've been on MFP for 75 days now. My weight loss started before joining here -- 30 lbs and looking to lose another 60. I log on every day and I provide as much support as I can. I started this journey on my own to prove to myself I could do it. Now, the support I receive here is just awesome. I look forward to logging in every day and participating in everyone's journey.

We can do this. It is a journey and not a destination.
  • SwtMelissa86
    SwtMelissa86 Posts: 165
    Options
    welcome! You will like it here. good luck!
  • BrieBailey
    BrieBailey Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I felt compelled to reply as we are the same height and have the same goal weight! I also have a bigger build and, even at a weight of 165( which makes me a US size 8-10), have a 32G bra size!

I am on a very strict and very controversial diet but would love to be diet buddies and encourage each other! I have about 25 more pounds to lose than you do (two babies later haha...)!
  • Legals81
    Legals81 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Well done on taking the first steps. Im new too so feel free to add me. The more support the better!
  • mixtaplix
    mixtaplix Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Heya! I think you'll find great support and motivation here! I certainly have!
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome to MFP and congratulations on your weight loss so far. :happy:
  • msudaisy28
    msudaisy28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Welcome - feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • redgold5370
    redgold5370 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have been working out and eating healthy but i am not losing any weight. Did i mention i am nursing and trying to stay between 1500-1800 calories per day. I am still at the same number everyday. I could not have possibly plateaued just yet because i have only started back exercising three weeks now. Someone please help.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your commitment!! You can do it, there will be good days and bad days, just never give up and remember your goal!
  • redcut
    redcut Posts: 176
    Options
    Hi and welcome feel free to add me I have been here 190 days or so. I am on every day. I hope your journey goes well Good luck to you
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I have been working out and eating healthy but i am not losing any weight. Did i mention i am nursing and trying to stay between 1500-1800 calories per day. I am still at the same number everyday. I could not have possibly plateaued just yet because i have only started back exercising three weeks now. Someone please help.

You should start your own topic so that replies don't interfere with the support for the original poster here.
  • Cuddlebug12
    Cuddlebug12 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! I'm pretty new to the site but I find everyone is willing to lend some great advice!! I sent you a friend request
  • redgold5370
    Options
    i can do this with you because we have to same goal with a 10lb difference. I am 201 and want to be 155. I have to get down to weight pretty fast due to the fact that i am in the military so my pay check really depends on how much i weigh. I am currently doing the Brazil Butt Lift but my weight loss is somehow at a stand still and i have been doing it for almost two weeks solid.:noway: I am so confused.
  • redgold5370
    Options
    Well technically yesterday was the first day of MFP, but I'm down 2.8 pounds already! I was using WW before and lost 50 pounds on the old program. Then they changed the points system to points plus and I haven't been able to lose since. I actually started back to school part time while working full time and gained back 10 pounds. So now spring semester is over and I'm refocusing on my weight loss goals! My goal is to lose 40 pounds and get down to 165. As of yesterday I was at 210.4, I should mention I am 5'8" and have a bigger build. I found this app on my iphone and I love it! Especially the fact that it has a forum and a huge backing of what seems to be incredibly strong willed people! This is what I need... I would love to have some "friends" on here so we can help each other through this journey. Support is key! We can do this!

22596534.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

i can do this with you because we have to same goal with a 10lb difference. I am 201 and want to be 155. I have to get down to weight pretty fast due to the fact that i am in the military so my pay check really depends on how much i weigh. I am currently doing the Brazil Butt Lift but my weight loss is somehow at a stand still and i have been doing it for almost two weeks solid. I am so confused.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    I also belonged to WW back when they used food exchanges. It is a very balanced diet and you will find it fits in with MFP nutrient tracker just perfect. I saw a news report just recently where they ranked WW as the best diet program on the market today, because you learn to make your own healthy meals and to truly change your style of eating. Good luck, I think you will do great on MFP!! :bigsmile: