hard to lose....

ClassiC
ClassiC Posts: 259 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Hope everyone had a great 4th weekend!! :bigsmile:

I treated myself to a shopping trip over the weekend and found that i'm ALMOST down 2 sizes since i started MFP (from a size 16, i'm now in between sizes 12 & 14 at the moment- some 14s i can still fit into/some 12s i can now fit into)!!! :love:

SO proud... However, it seems i'm having the hardest time losing in the reality of the situation (weighing/measuring monthly). I've only lost 5 lbs in 2 months of dieting and working out at a boot camp class/HIIT 6 days a week! i'm really trying HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!

i know everyone's body is different but i really thought that i would be able to lose at least 5 lbs a month doing this... i have 40lbs to lose and so right now this extremely SLOW progress is a little offputting:sad: .... i know i should be happy about the dress sizing difference i see but the numbers are still not convincing...I'd like to be able to at least past the 10lb sometime SOOOOON! :ohwell:

does anyone have any suggestions??

Replies

• adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    You may be not eating enough, or working out too much and not giving your body a chance to recover. I just took 2 weeks off from the gym and ate maintenance calories that entire time, and lost 5 pounds - after a 3 mo plateau!!! I was working out too much (5 days a week, 2 of those days were step aerobics, one day personal trainer).

Now I can get back into exercising regularly, but I doing too much apparently. Sometimes your body just needs a break from the exercising. My trainer told me to take a week off from exercising every 3 mos because it seems like my body stops losing if I don't. Then right back into it.

Your food diary is not public so I can't see what you've been eating to know if that's part of the problem, too.
  • I so agree, you sometimes have to trick your body, it gets used to the same routine..Don't get discouraged, keep up the good work.
  • I keep saying this to everyone...if you're losing really slowly or not at all with sincere effort and careful diet...go to your doctor and request a thyroid panel (blood test).
    I was killing myself...working hard, serious diet...and it took me a YEAR to lose 20 lbs. And THEN I found out I was hypothyroid.
    If you find that you are...I'd suggest skipping synthroid (the drug they want to put EVERYONE on right away) and go for Armor thyroid or a combo--because of the differences in the thyroid hormones in each.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    You are definitly preaching to the choir I kill myself in the gym and eat right- and my weight loss isn't moving fast at all however my fat % is way down. I am naturally muscular and since hitting the gym and the weights real intense I am dropping inches and burning fat which is the way to go because that is true fat loss. Just use the scale as a guide. My scale weight flucuates so much its ridiculous. I have 20lbs to go and to be honest who knows if I will ever get there but I will probably look like I dropped 20lbs of scale weight even though I didn't just because of decreasing my fat %.

Keep doing what your doing obviously it is working because you are going down clothing sizes. Don't focus so much on the scale- get the measuring tape or go try on clothes that you couldn't fit into before.
  • ClassiC
    thanks everyone!!!

keep up the good work yourselves:flowerforyou:
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member

I treated myself to a shopping trip over the weekend and found that i'm ALMOST down 2 sizes since i started MFP (from a size 16, i'm now in between sizes 12 & 14 at the moment- some 14s i can still fit into/some 12s i can now fit into)!!! :love:

SO proud... However, it seems i'm having the hardest time losing in the reality of the situation (weighing/measuring monthly). I've only lost 5 lbs in 2 months of dieting and working out at a boot camp class/HIIT 6 days a week! i'm really trying HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!

i know everyone's body is different but i really thought that i would be able to lose at least 5 lbs a month doing this... i have 40lbs to lose and so right now this extremely SLOW progress is a little offputting:sad: .... i know i should be happy about the dress sizing difference i see but the numbers are still not convincing...I'd like to be able to at least past the 10lb sometime SOOOOON! :ohwell:

Hey!
    It's extremely hard to lose for me as well. I've lost 10 pounds since March of this year. I've been going by inches and how my clothes fit as well, but I know, it's so frustrating not to see the scale go down!! :grumble:
    I started out wearing a size 13/14, and am down to an 11/12, with some 10's fitting me!
    I have 25 pounds left to go, and I have a feeling that it's going to take forever!

Progress is progress, right? Slow and steady wins the race. :flowerforyou:
  • ClassiC

Hey!
    It's extremely hard to lose for me as well. I've lost 10 pounds since March of this year. I've been going by inches and how my clothes fit as well, but I know, it's so frustrating not to see the scale go down!! :grumble:
    I started out wearing a size 13/14, and am down to an 11/12, with some 10's fitting me!
    I have 25 pounds left to go, and I have a feeling that it's going to take forever!

Progress is progress, right? Slow and steady wins the race. :flowerforyou:

absolutely:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.