Total Gym

Looking for a way to get more strength training. It seems more compact than other systems. Anyone ever try it or use it? What did you think?

Replies

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Can you do barbell squats with it? If no: useless.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,749 Member
    Can you do barbell squats with it? If no: useless.

Kinda rude since she's asking a legitimate question, no?

Anyway, to the OP: We have one. I haven't used it in a long time however when I did I found it to be effective and it's tough. I was sore after using it.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    It's a legitimate answer. Barbell squats are the core of a strength training routine. Most machines are suitable for light rehab after injury, but a reasonably healthy person (i don't mean in shape, i mean free of ailments like missing ligaments, broken bones, partial paralysis...) should be doing their compounds.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Looking for a way to get more strength training. It seems more compact than other systems. Anyone ever try it or use it? What did you think?

Garbage. Most things that you see in infomercials are junk unfortunately. Your best bet is to learn about strength training via a combination of power lifting and volume exercises. Pick-up a copy of Mark Rippletoe's Starting STrength if you can.