Is it possible...

leighoconnell
leighoconnell Posts: 217
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Is it possible to loose 4 lbs a week after you shed all the water weight? (While still eating healthy and being active) If so, how do you do this?

Replies

• kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,493 Member
    Is it possible to loose 4 lbs a week after you shed all the water weight? (While still eating healthy and being active) If so, how do you do this?

THAT depends on what size you are now and how much you have to loose. The bigger you are, the faster the weight seems to come off in the beginning. Ideally, you should loose no more than 2 lbs a week (that is for someone that isn't REALLY overweight)
    Don't know if that helps, but there it is....:drinker:
  • Im 5'10" and currently weigh 213.5. I've already dropped 9 lbs over the past 3 weeks.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    unless you are morbidly obese, 2 lbs a week is probably the maximum amount you can expect to lose. As to you specifically, we don't know your numbers so can't give you a more firm "yes or no" but I doubt it, with 49 lbs to lose, your body just can't support that kind of weight loss in a healthy and safe manner. COULD you lose it? Quite possibly, but in doing so you would be doing things that this site is ADAMANTLY against.

All that said, I tend to doubt that your body can support 2 lbs a week consistantly, maybe sometimes you'll hit that, but I would count more on about 1 lb per week.
This discussion has been closed.