My body fat % is it good?

Options
I just took a test at my gym. I am 125 pounds, 5'7, and have 17.5% body fat and a BMI of 19.

Is that good?

is it bad if i want LESS

Replies

• keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    From the charts I have looked at unless your are an athlete you are already low.

I took this from http://www.healthchecksystems.com/bodyfat.htm

General Body Fat Percentage Categories
    Classification Women (% fat)
    Essential Fat 10-12%
    Athletes 14-20%
    Fitness 21-24%
    Acceptable 25-31%
    Obese 32% plus

Athletes are someone who is in training. I would think you would want to be in the fitness level. Unless of course you are training for an event. Marathon....
  • paulamma1
    paulamma1 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    According to your goals you want to be healthy AND amazingly skinny.

Sounds pretty skinny to me. :ohwell:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I just took a test at my gym. I am 125 pounds, 5'7, and have 17.5% body fat and a BMI of 19.

Is that good?

is it bad if i want LESS

Looks good to me how do your muscles look- I know a competitior she does fitness and she is 11% body fat-

But her body is rocking with muscle tone not just skin and bones- My goal is to get to 16%
  • khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    Options
    I'm very close to what you say. I'm 130 and 5'7. But I know I could use more toning. So once I hit my weight goal, I've backed off of focusing on losing weight and more on weight training to tone. As long as you keep your weight balanced you should still be able to work towards more muscle without gaining much weight.
  • karissastephens
    karissastephens Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    welll. I want to look athletic and very tone. So 17% is low but i want lower. Im kind of ridiculous about my body haha. But I really like being healthy! Thanks guys :]