Couponers

Options
gatorginger
gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
Are there any couponers on this site, just curious. Couponing has helped me save so much money and I love it, and yes it is time consuming but so worth it

Replies

• aprilgrl27
    aprilgrl27 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I was doing it for a little but it became soooo time consuming! Any tips for cutting down on the time spent doing it? I want/need to get back into it!!!
  • gatorginger
    Options
    If you keep at it, it gets faster because you won't need as much. My freezer is so full right now and I have such a great stock pile that I can skip the grocery store any time I feel like it. But what I do is go ahead and keep purchasing things and keep myself supplied so when I do have to miss for being out of town I don't run out of stuff. Do you shop at publix
  • pfarley68
    pfarley68 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I was doing it for awhile and then got busy with school, this semester is about over and I am going to pick it up again. It does save money.
  • gatorginger
    Options
    I used to spend around $270 on groceries every 2 weeks now I only spend about $140.00 every two week huge difference for me and I get the best stuff not the cheap stuff. Since I started my fitness pal it allows me to buy lots of great things I would not have bought otherwise
  • Pet03
    Pet03 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have been an on again and off again couponer. I have found several websites that you can attach your rewards card to and just click on the coupons to add them to that. Unfortunately the coupons attached to your card will not be doubled or tripled. There are several other websites that will tell you which week a specific coupon came out and how much it is worth. Then you can go to that circular and just clip the coupon. Also there are store websites that will mail coupons to your house for their store and some are even free. I just got some for a free bag of baby carrots. Unfortunately the coupons attached to your card will not be doubled or tripled. I have also found that some of the grocery stores around my house will give you a $.05 discount on every reusable bag. I recently bought 10 grocery bags for $10 and they will pay for themselves in about 4 months. Another way to save is through some of these same websites you can actuall get money back for ording things online.
  • gatorginger
    Options
    I shop at publix in Central Florida and they don't have a store card and they don't double here in Florida either at least not in central Florida. I believe to several blogs, www.mycouponexpert and I also use www.southernsavers.com. Our Winn Dixie however has a store card and they have a program where you get money off of gas every time you spend a certain amount. I love shopping at publix as they take competitor coupons