Social Side of Support and Encouragement...

Options
Jbvbhl
Jbvbhl Posts: 10 Member
I have gained and lost more weight in my life than I care to admit, but before my 39th birthday (April 2008) I decided that it was time to make a permanent change to my food and exercise habits. My doctor set a goal weight for me and I achieved that goal by Christmas of 2008 and have spent the next few years trying to practice better habits every day. I can happily say that I have been fairly successful in my "life changes", and my husband supports me 100% and made those changes with me and that is a huge part of our continued success. I joined MFP originally to support my friend and daughter and found that I lost another 10 pounds while logging my calories and exercise regimen. While I do not offer up advice unless asked, I am more than happy to share my limited knowledge with those that ask for tips and hints to help them along. Recently, I was told that I do not appreciate the social side of MFP and I realized that I do keep going on this journey alone outside of my home. No one understands why I still measure and weigh my food three and half years after reaching my goals. I get the comment a lot, "just eat what you want, you don't need to worry about it anymore", and I smile and nod and feel alone in my battle of keeping my fabulous at 40 title and my work towards my next title of fit at 50! I worked dang hard to get where I am and I work at it everyday to keep it up, but I know that it is time to reach out for support and encouragement and learn new ways to eat and workout. So I am re-introducing myself on MFP and reaching out to those that want encouragement and offer it... Hi, my name is Vicki!

Replies

• 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    Options
    Hi Vicki! There is a tremendous amount of support here, so good for you for reaching out. Congrats for reaching your goal! :flowerforyou:
  • Lsadlier77
    Lsadlier77 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi Vicki, it certainly helps me to keep on track having friends on here. Well done to keeping fabulous at 40 :)