Powder tubs of protein

Options
I've been losing weight for a while now, and yesterday hubs and I bought a huge jar of Pure Protein to bring us back after we're broken. After I had my shake, though, my stomach hurt like I'd eaten something bad! Am I just being a baby, or should I expect this? I've had protein drinks in the past, like Naked's Protein Zone and Bolt House Farms Protein Plus, but Pure Protein boasts its "Fast digesting" protein. Could that be why my stomach hurt? I don't think it was the workout (P90X Core) but maybe I'm wrong.

Replies

• mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    There is possibly something in it that your body cannot digest properly. Maybe compare the ingredients to the powder you have now to the one you have used before.

Also, if you drank it too quickly that could do it too.
  • FrostyFour
    FrostyFour Posts: 262
    Options
    How slowly are you supposed to drink it? I had the shakes made already so when we were done we could just drink them, and it was so good I just kinda chugged mine. How slowly can you drink 8 ounces! Am I supposed to pace myself?
  • sabinecbauer
    sabinecbauer Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    As Mallory said, there may be stuff in there your system doesn't like. Is it a whey protein? That could be an issue if you're lactose intolerant. Also, is it an isolate or a concentrate? In a concentrate the protein percentage per serving is considerably lower, which means it contains more fillers, and some people react badly to those.