Skim Milk or Almond Milk?

Options

Replies

• myrahonbarrier
    myrahonbarrier Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Also skim milk has more protein than Almond Milk so you should feel full longer
  • Annie_Oakley
    Options
    I LOVE coconut milk!!! or rice milk depends on my mood! LOL I don't drink cows milk.

^^^ THIS^^^
    Coconut - Almond is a close 2nd.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I personally hate skim milk. I've tried, but I just can't bring myself to drink it. I stick to 1% or 2%.

That being said, I also LOVE almond milk. Keep in mind the fats are from almonds, meaning they're healthy fats. I personally like the taste of almond milk more for certain things. I especially like it on my cereal or in smoothies, because it provides a little extra flavor. I do like cow milk for certain things though, like making sauces or custards, and if I'm eating a piece of chocolate cake, I'll usually want to wash it down with some cow milk.
  • angelcop74
    angelcop74 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    i always need the cals, but NEVER need the fat so i go skim, but Almond milk is SO yummy!
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I like the taste of Almond Milk more. And if I drink milk it's at least 1% because I think Skim is nasty.
  • nicholjenny
    nicholjenny Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened Almond milk...I don't like cow's milk.
  • k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    for healthy fat: almond milk... for protein: skim milk.

i use both on a fairly regular basis, coconut milk too.
  • ronitabur
    ronitabur Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    UNSWEETENED almond milk has no sugar. :) I'd rather have the fat than the sugar.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    totally depends. If I want a glass of just straight up milk or when it comes to coffee and stuff, skim wins. But If I'm doing something that could turn out to be a lot carby-er (not a word) than I want it to be (cereal, protein smoothies) I use almond milk.

Me too.
  • Specialkayrina
    Specialkayrina Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I love coconut milk (So Delicious - Unsweetened)
  • dandybug
    dandybug Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I love unsweetened almond milk. I made cream of wheat with it this morning and loved it. If I have too much dairy I notice my skin breaks out a little. So I stick with almond milk. I also love making hot chocolate out of it!
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Skim milk. It is healthier for you.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Almond Unsweetened. Use it for drinking straight up and for anything that you would normally use milk.

^^^ this, exactly
  • thunt1990
    thunt1990 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Unseetened almond milk. A LOT less sugar then real milk and i think it tastes better. The unsweetened chocolate almond milk is soooo good in cereal!
  • sma83
    sma83 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I tried the Almond milk before and I just couldn't get used to the taste so I go with skim milk.. I'll stick to eating almonds instead lol
    THIS! lol I have tried the Almond Milk over and over and just cant stand it! So I drink fat free regular milk in moderation.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    Recently tried almond milk for the first time. Had it with Cinnamon Toast Crunch (I know, nothing but sugar) and it was freaking awesome. I started using for lots of stuff, the taste and texture is great, and most importantly, the nutritonal value of the Almonds are more beneficial to you than the skim milk (my opinion).

The way I see it: If you like it, go for it! Dont deprive yourself of it or you will crave and crave until you binge. If you find the calories or whatever to high for you, then have that serving of what you want, and work the rest of your day around it. Have a light lunch if you had an almond milkshake for breakfast. Things like that.

Although I dont think Almond milk is too much of a worry.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Neither, I prefer honey badger milk because honey badgers don't care
    honey-badger.gif
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I'm latose intolerate so I gotta do Almond. I also like the fact that it comes flavored.
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Neither, I prefer honey badger milk because honey badgers don't care
    honey-badger.gif
    ROFLMBO!!
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    almond milk :) I use it in my cereal ( I don't like the taste of any milk so I add a tablespoon of nesquick powder 18cals and it makes it so much better )and protein shake/smoothies- where the taste is already masked.:bigsmile: