5 days and counting! :D (skype?)

Options
Hey! I'm Raay. I've been here on MFP for 5 days and I can't imagine what life was like before finding myself here!

Feel free to add me on here!
& If you have skype, let's webcam! :D

All my friends outside of MFP just want to drink, eat junk and be young. Which is cool because they have the metabolism to do so! But... even if I did, it's not my life as much anymore. I have a future and I want to create a healthy foundation for it to grow from.

I'd like friends with ambitious goals, regarding weight and just life in general.

Are you game? (:

Replies

• raayfrancy
    raayfrancy Posts: 100
    Options
    I appreciate and have gratefully accepted the requests sent - but this thread is going to be swallowed by the others if no one replies here too! Hahaha... oh man... T___T
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site!

Know what you mean about friends eating junk and drinking - they're still doing that and I can't/don't xD I like being on here cause I can talk to like minded people with similar goals.
  • raayfrancy
    Options
    Welcome to the site!

Know what you mean about friends eating junk and drinking - they're still doing that and I can't/don't xD I like being on here cause I can talk to like minded people with similar goals.

& exactly! In the last (almost) week, I have been on here more than facebook.
    I went out with my friends - they wanted me to eat In & Out Burger, Whataburger, Beto's... everything terrible that is still open after we're done partying (-_-) & I went to the airport with my family to pick up my brother - they wanted me to have Burger King.

I swear, the only people that 100% understand what I'm doing and what i'm going through are my friends here on MFP-
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm definitely on here more than FB as I seem to have more to do an read here. Eating healthy and working out has been a major part of my life now (I try to eat as clean as possible and exercise 5-6 days a week, sometimes twice in a day) so it only makes sense I'm on here more :)
  • Alexbnet
    Alexbnet Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi there!
    I am Alex.
    Height: 6'4"
    Starting weight: 280
    Current weight: 255
    Goal weight: 213
  • raayfrancy
    Options
    Yeah I'm definitely on here more than FB as I seem to have more to do an read here. Eating healthy and working out has been a major part of my life now (I try to eat as clean as possible and exercise 5-6 days a week, sometimes twice in a day) so it only makes sense I'm on here more :)

This friend of mine tried taking me out to breakfast at ihop for pancakes, and when I told him I couldn't because I was going to the gym - he told me blow off the gym and go with him instead. The old me would've just went. -- but even before this new lifestyle, I never liked ihop anyway, lol. I hate fake food in a restaurant setting. Haha..

I've been able to resist the bad habit's of others - aka my old habits - easily, luckily. Lol
    But it definitely helps when I have an entire home page fulll of the good decisions of everyone else!

So, I take it your name is Jayson? (: I'm Rachel. I go by Raay to most, though.
  • raayfrancy
    Options
    Hi there!
    I am Alex.
    Height: 6'4"
    Starting weight: 280
    Current weight: 255
    Goal weight: 213

Hey Alex! You came back, huh? (: Haha... & you're nearly at your goal! That's amazing (:
  • satxdc99
    satxdc99 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You are doing the right thing. Stay away from junk-eating friends. They are a bad influence. Surround yourself with positive, like-minded people that have the same goals as you.
  • raayfrancy
    Options
    Welcome on board, raayfrancy!

Ditto. Get what you mean. Used to be addicted to sodapop and midnight junkfood.. Till I've reached the point where 3 flights of stairs left my heart jumping to the roof. T'was 2 months ago. Well.. Those days are ovar.

Oh, by the way, I'm Ayisha. Nice to meet you, Rachel. *shakes hands*

Wanna go workout together? (^_^)o

Heey! (: Call me Raay! It's nice meeting you, Ayisha! If it's pronounced the way I thinkk it is - there's a beautiful french/arabic song about youu... haha. & my last straw was realizing my life could go one-of-two ways - I could live a modest, chubby lifestyle and live humbly.. achieving only what I need to live off of, if at all ---- or I could lose weight, get healthier, become more confident and live to the fullest and have little-to-no boundaries... also creating more opportunity.

I'd love to! (: Brb, teleporting you to AZ! Hahaha
  • DeniseChilver
    DeniseChilver Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Hiya Welcome to MFP, I'm sure you will have fun, feel free to add me and anyone else that comes along :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Danielle2344
    Options
    Nice to meet you Raay! I've been on here for 6 days, so I know exactly where you're coming from...although, I still spend quite a bit of time on FaceBook too! :) This site has been awesome and I feel like just looking at my few friends' posts, it gives me the motivation to make the right choices. I've counted calories once before, so I know what I have to do & how to do it. But it is so easy to fall into bad habits. I started taking online college classes to get my Bachelor's Degree, so I've used that as my excuse for the past year as to why I don't have time to work out. Well, like you, those days are gone. I don't like seeing the muffin top over the top of my jeans! :( All my shirts are too tight, I don't want to be the girl who wears clothes that don't fit her. I've done great during this week, but I'm very anxious about the weekend. It's easy to control what I eat when I'm at work and only have to worry about myself, but adding my kids into that, then I have to make more than a Weight Watchers meal! Good luck to you & I'd be happy to be your friend!
  • Twidget12
    Twidget12 Posts: 71
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Rachel! I am fairly new myself (4/15/12) and so far I love it!! I am definitely on here more than Facebook but as someone else posted, I think it is because there is much more to read. Congrats to you for choosing a "party free" lifestyle...it took me until I was about 24 and out of university to discover there was more to the weekends than partying haha.
    You will definitely love it here! There are so many people offering such great advice and support. Feel free to add me, I am always up for new friends.

-Amy:flowerforyou:
  • raayfrancy
    Options
    Welcome! You are doing the right thing. Stay away from junk-eating friends. They are a bad influence. Surround yourself with positive, like-minded people that have the same goals as you.

Thank you so much! I agree - as much fun as my friends are, and as much as I love them - they are all in denial about how much I need to do this right now.

They need to understand that I'm being healthy, not drastic.

I appreciate your kind affirmation (:
  • Sinisi2012
    Sinisi2012 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am fairly new here myself, on my 3rd week. A few of us from work joined together and I am really glad I did. I always knew keeping a food and exercise diary were important but the thought of it was so cumbersome, this site makes it easy. Now that I am keeping track I am shocked at how quickly the calories add up. I knew I was eating poorly but it hit me hard when I saw it on paper !
  • raayfrancy
    Options
    Hiya Welcome to MFP, I'm sure you will have fun, feel free to add me and anyone else that comes along :flowerforyou: :drinker:

Request sent! (: Thank you so much for your welcome!
  • raayfrancy
    Options
    Nice to meet you Raay! I've been on here for 6 days, so I know exactly where you're coming from...although, I still spend quite a bit of time on FaceBook too! :) This site has been awesome and I feel like just looking at my few friends' posts, it gives me the motivation to make the right choices. I've counted calories once before, so I know what I have to do & how to do it. But it is so easy to fall into bad habits. I started taking online college classes to get my Bachelor's Degree, so I've used that as my excuse for the past year as to why I don't have time to work out. Well, like you, those days are gone. I don't like seeing the muffin top over the top of my jeans! :( All my shirts are too tight, I don't want to be the girl who wears clothes that don't fit her. I've done great during this week, but I'm very anxious about the weekend. It's easy to control what I eat when I'm at work and only have to worry about myself, but adding my kids into that, then I have to make more than a Weight Watchers meal! Good luck to you & I'd be happy to be your friend!

Genuinely, thank you for sharing part of your story with me (: we can do this! Honestly, losing weight has never felt so attainable before! It's amazing how weight loss is all about your mindset. I'll send you a request - I'd love to have you as a friend! (:
  • raayfrancy
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Rachel! I am fairly new myself (4/15/12) and so far I love it!! I am definitely on here more than Facebook but as someone else posted, I think it is because there is much more to read. Congrats to you for choosing a "party free" lifestyle...it took me until I was about 24 and out of university to discover there was more to the weekends than partying haha.
    You will definitely love it here! There are so many people offering such great advice and support. Feel free to add me, I am always up for new friends.

-Amy:flowerforyou:

I thought I could keep up with the party lifestyle - I went and partied last weekend and didn't drink at all, and didn't partake in eating junk food afterward - I only danced. However, we got back so late, I had to start my work out later than usual and my day was thrown off. :/ I realized it was time to cut it out, at least, for the most part. I was going out almost every night! :/

You are so sweet! Thank you so much! I'll definitely add you (:
  • raayfrancy
    Options
    Welcome! I am fairly new here myself, on my 3rd week. A few of us from work joined together and I am really glad I did. I always knew keeping a food and exercise diary were important but the thought of it was so cumbersome, this site makes it easy. Now that I am keeping track I am shocked at how quickly the calories add up. I knew I was eating poorly but it hit me hard when I saw it on paper !

Right? I knew I had to make a food journal - but the idea of it always sounded so boring. MFP makes it so convenient - and then there's the social aspect! Having people who understand supporting you makes all the difference!
  • raayfrancy
    Options
    xo
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want. I'm pretty mellow.