Help, just went nuclear...

Options
Just went nuclear on fresh (so fresh they were still warm) chips and salsa. I haven't a clue how many chips I ate...but the salsa was about 1/2C. I ate the chips right out of the white paper bag till all the salsa was gone...there were chips left when I was done. As I dust the tasty crumbs off my shirt I am trying to figure out how to log this. I guess the incident calls for a blanket entry on the chips...for what, 500cal? Thoughts anyone?

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,011 Member
    Options
    Normally 4 to 6 chips for 1/2 cup of salsa.....i love salsa.
  • upmihah
    upmihah Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've done the same thing. I think that's about what I've counted it at before if it was a lunch bag size bag. Don't worry too much about it, as long as it doesn't happen every day, you'll be fine. Sometimes I do a little extra exercise if I have time in my day, it helps me feel a little less guilty and more in control. It's going to happen.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    We have no idea how many chips are contained in a white paper bag. A full bag? Half full? How big is the bag?

Go look up Tostitos or some other tortilla chip brand in the database and estimate how many you ate (10? 20? 50?) and log it.
  • kjerstenkipp
    kjerstenkipp Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Normally 4 to 6 chips for 1/2 cup of salsa.....i love salsa.

I gotta admit it was definitely more than 6 chips...
  • kjerstenkipp
    Options
    We have no idea how many chips are contained in a white paper bag. A full bag? Half full? How big is the bag?

Go look up Tostitos or some other tortilla chip brand in the database and estimate how many you ate (10? 20? 50?) and log it.

It was the size of a brown paper lunch bag....it was full...not full when I was done...about 1/4 bag left...jeez that sounds bad :-(
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,079 Member
    Options
    yum. I would have caused more damage by adding guacamole and cheese.

Just guess. You know about how many....
  • kjerstenkipp
    Options
    Okay...I went with Tostitos Gold because they were most like that (but sooooo much better...warm and toasty). 22 chips 250 cal...good enough for government work, no? Let me serve as a lesson to everyone...don't wait until you are absolutely starving to eat because at that point I will eat anything...I am just lucky I ran out of salsa...that snapped me out of my hunger induced fugue. :-)