Replies

• kirstyg1980
    kirstyg1980 Posts: 302
    Options
    currently squatting 132lbs and my legs are getting smaller
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Since I have sore knees, from years of jumping out of waaaambulances, I walk A LOT (on all types of terrain) and I swim and do water aerobics. I wish I had before and after pics. My legs look amazing for being 50 years old! :)
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    currently squatting 132lbs and my legs are getting smaller

Good for you. That's not true of everybody. Can you accept that?
  • hippychickuk
    hippychickuk Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose muscle mass in your legs...
    Why would anyone want to lose muscle mass anywhere?

Yeah, why?
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I've done weights for years and the only thing that ever happened to me is some really nice definition and toning. I don't think I could bulk up even if I wanted to! I think for women it takes some extreme training and supplementation to get that to happen. A normal, moderate routine won't turn you into a beast. I would highly recommend weight training for ALL body types! Looks great and it's so good for your health, too! :flowerforyou:

The women who care about this are not concerned about bulking up. They're concerned about an increase in size of any kind in certain areas. This can happen through regular weight training.

As with dieting, people have different goals and sometimes need to use different approaches. It comes down to individual physiology, but a man who is exercising for strength trains differently from a man who seeks to look as pumped as possible.

I can only assume that this odd idea that every woman will get the same results is due to the still fairly small number of women who use weights.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Good for you. That's not true of everybody. Can you accept that?

Wrong. They get bigger initially but they then drop like woah.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    The women who care about this are not concerned about bulking up. They're concerned about an increase in size of any kind in certain areas. This can happen through regular weight training.

As with dieting, people have different goals and sometimes need to use different approaches. It comes down to individual physiology, but a man who is exercising for strength trains differently from a man who seeks to look as pumped as possible.

I can only assume that this odd idea that every woman will get the same results is due to the still fairly small number of women who use weights.
    Define "bulking up". I don't think you really understand the term.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition