What to do after a "bad" eating day

Options
I woke up this morning and went about my usual, healthy breakfast routine. Had some greek yogurt, half an english muffin and some peanut butter. During my final (I am at university), I ate a Kashi Snack Bar and everything was all good. Cue me getting home from my final, ravenous, and pigging out on "fun-sized" chocolate bars and peanut butter! There was nothing fun about it!

I know this is not the end of the world, but I am near my weight goal (2-3 more lbs to go!) and I want to know how to get back on track food-wise and mentally after you have an unhealthy binge of food. Any pointers?!

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I woke up this morning and went about my usual, healthy breakfast routine. Had some greek yogurt, half an english muffin and some peanut butter. During my final (I am at university), I ate a Kashi Snack Bar and everything was all good. Cue me getting home from my final, ravenous, and pigging out on "fun-sized" chocolate bars and peanut butter! There was nothing fun about it!

I know this is not the end of the world, but I am near my weight goal (2-3 more lbs to go!) and I want to know how to get back on track food-wise and mentally after you have an unhealthy binge of food. Any pointers?!

Tomorrow is a new day, forget about today and just get on track tomorrow
  • holleysings
    holleysings Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    1. Forgive yourself. It happens. Your reaction is almost more important than what you did.
    2. Give yourself a clean slate today! Don't let yesterday hurt today. Your healthy eating is not off-track because of one meal.

When I overate several days in a row on vacation, I was super strict when I got back. I limited myself to protein shakes and Lean Cuisine meals for a few days because its easier to control calories and not overeat.

Good luck!
  • JanMarieRegina
    Options
    my advice: do not beat yourself up! drink a lot of water, think positive thoughts, cut back on carbs & sugar, and carry on! it will be OK!:flowerforyou:
  • tlschlp
    tlschlp Posts: 54
    Options
    Allow yourself to be human and move on!

We all binge on something occasionally ... that's okay as long as you don't do it continuously. Then, you won't be so close to your goal! :laugh:

Just keep looking and moving forward, you can't change the past.
  • chnkytim42
    chnkytim42 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    you needed it i guess. lol best thing you can do is forget it happened, go for a little workout, get some exercise, and just dont let it get in your head, you will be fine, sometimes you need a cheat. take it with stride, if it stresses you you might slip again. your human.
  • heald_uk
    heald_uk Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! Accept you're human and you're allowed to have a slip or a treat occassionally. Don't beat yourself up about it and start your good practice again right now! You've done brilliantly to get near your weight goal so it's easy to think 'a little treat won't hurt'. If you start again now with your healthy eating regime then this minor 'blip' will be in the past and you'll soon work off your binge.

Don't give up and think about how well you've done so far. Good luck.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options

Tomorrow is a new day, forget about today and just get on track tomorrow

^
    What he said!

You could have a once a week cheat day to eat whatever you want (within reason). The issue is your need to pig out (presumably "binge") which suggests psychological issues. (Not meant to be in a negative, judgemental way but just to highlight this as information for you to consider.)
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Have a good eating day the next day.
  • jenniebee19
    jenniebee19 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Get up, brush yourself off and try again.
    All you can do, don't beat yourself up--it happens. No ones perfect or none of us would be here!!!
  • ImJDLookatME
    ImJDLookatME Posts: 290
    Options
    Hit the gym for an hour of cardio today and start fresh tomorrow!
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Start over the next day.