What the crap....

Rugbychick16
Rugbychick16 Posts: 183 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I have a question. Today after I had eaten breakfast, lunch, a mid morning snack and drank 1.5 liters of water, I decided to weigh myself. And I weighed .5 of a pound more then the last time I weighed myself!! So I’m hoping that it’s cos my tummy was full of watery goodness….or I’m gonna be mad!! I’ve been eating so good AND exercising!! What's going on?!?!?! :angry:

Replies

• LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Big... deep... breath...

Relax....

your weight can flux during the day up to 2lbs or more sometimes.
    Stick to a weekly weigh in and save yourself the frustration.

If you are eating right and exercising, there is NO WAY that can be fat. Its not possible.
  • my weight fluctuates by about three pounds daily. I only weigh myself on saturday or sunday mornings. I sleep in those days and my stomach is empty, and i have noticed that is when i get my lowest weight. Try doing it in the morning
  • tvfit
    tvfit Posts: 56 Member
    I always weigh myself first thing in the morning when I"m the lightest, and use that as my benchmark going forward. your weight after you eat and drink isn't meaningful! I can even fluctuate morning to morning by up to 3 pounds - there's nothing like a sushi dinner to mask weightloss, for example (a lot of sodium in the soy sauce and nice, binding white rice!!).

Good luck and don't stress!! :-)
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    well think about what you just said you ate breakfast, luch a snack and 1.5 liters of water. unless you were eating air you were putting pounds(calories) into your body. One day I weighed myself in the morning and then again at night and I was up 5 pounds. but the next morning I was down. You have to expect a gain in the middle of the afternoon after you eat unless you are not eating!
  • slimmingmom
    slimmingmom Posts: 297
    One day I weighed myself in the morning...and then in the afternoon I was up an entire 2.5 pounds! I was freaking out too but the next morning I weighed myself again and it was a little less than the previous morning. That's why they (the experts, lol) say it is best to way yourself at the same time every day!!!
  • Also take into account that water weighs about 8 pounds per gallon. Good luck!
  • MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    you do know that food and water have weight right?
This discussion has been closed.