Which is more important?

Options
To eat my minimum of calories, or to stay under my sodium requirment?
I only have about 100 mg of sodium left... but a bunch of calories left. Not too sure which one is more important.

Can check my diary if you want.

Replies

• slimmingmom
    slimmingmom Posts: 297
    Options
    Don't go under on your calories!!! If you go over on your sodium just drink extra water :happy:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    I agree....u have to eat your cals....drinks lots of water and plan better tomorrow
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    To minimize how much you go over, eat mostly unprocessed foods (fruits, veggies, unsalted nuts, etc) tonight. They tend to be low in sodium.
  • euphoria11
    euphoria11 Posts: 49
    Options
    Thanks guys! Bananas and apples for me tonight I guess!
  • MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    looks like ALOT of your foods are high in sodium. Rethink the foods and you'll be fine Im sure.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I did bad today on sodium...I got these new pepperoncinis that I ate on a sandwich at lunch then again on a salad at dinner. Those were like 700 mg of Na!! I've got to start doing better. They just put so much sodium in random places! There was 300 mg in my vinegarette too...what the heck!! Do I have to make everything myself? :noway:
  • euphoria11
    Options
    Yeah, well I never worried about sodium.... and it was never an issue. But I figured the only way to 100 percent effectively lose weight, maybe I should worry about it. But I drink more than plenty of water every day... so maybe that is why it never really affected me.

And yes... many of my foods were high in sodium today (I think I messed up mega with the grits lol!)... but there are just some things that I can't change! Sometimes, especially with a 3 month old, I take what I can get, and unfortunately, it isn't always a great nutritional choice.

Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

But on the brightside, I FINALLY ate all of my calories, and I only went over on my sodium by about 35.
    I am ok with that!
    :smile:
  • euphoria11
    Options
    correction, 45.

But I am STILL ok with that. haha. I really thought I had blown it!

Dang grits and cheese... my two favorites seem to be the worst!! Ahhh I love cheeeese!!!
    ha! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: