appetite control help

Options
2»

Replies

• skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    PROTEIN, baby!!! protein and fiber are the skinny girls secrets!! eat protein at breakfast time!

and water!! always keep a full water bottle

sugarless gum can help too.
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    drink more water. eat more fiber. eat more protein (especially in the morning).

and drink more water.

seriously many times you mistake hunger pangs for thirst pangs. eating a protein packed breakfast will help curb hunger throughout the day as well. there really isnt any "miracle" supplement to control hunger.

sounds good give me an example for a protein breakfast i eat carbs for breakfast and lunch also! and that needs to stop
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Maybe your calorie goal is too low?

What is it set at? I think on your profile it said you only need to lose 10lbs, ideally you should have your goal set to lost .5/week.

That being said, I will echo what other people have said:

more lean protein, more fiber, more water.
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Every time I tried to diet before, I dropped to 1200 calories instantly, I was always hungry then cranky then I would quit after a few weeks. When I started researching mostly from finding threads like this on the boards, I realized that I was eating too little. I changed my settings on here to eat just above my BMR. I also ate back most of my exercise calories if I was hungry, if I wasn't, then I didn't eat them. I have lost 1 or more pounds a week since I start in mid Feb, I am to the point now that I am almost to my goal so I am slowly upping my calories until I am at my goal and on maintence, I am not saying this will work for you but you can give it a try.

http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/ to figure out your BMR and TDEE.

I have my settings at 40% carbs, 30 protein and 30 fat. I agree that higher protein and fiber help me stay fuller.

Good luck!
  • shelitajohnson
    shelitajohnson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What types of foods are you eating? I hear certain foods make you feel fuller longer. I think Dr. Oz has something on his website that talks about this. Good luck to ya!